- Menlo Park, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Katie Denfeld
The events operations contractor position will be primarily responsible for overall project management, operations, and logistics of This Global Marketing & Sales Project. Working with the event lead, develop and produce GMS Summit and other event programs as needed. You will be responsible for working with the event lead and contracted agency partner, wholly overseeing event operations and production contributing to a smooth and successfully managed event. Operations and production will include, but is not limited to: event agency management, general session stage and back-of-house management, registration management, hotel contract and block management, group air travel oversight, VIP and executive handling, shipping, ground transportation, security planning, catering, evening event planning, creative fulfillment, exposition oversight, and more.
Foster feedback loop with cross-functional teams to continually measure event effectiveness - define and refine event metrics as part of overall marketing effectiveness. Manage project timelines, collaborate with events marketing team to continually refine best practices and standards across The Platform, and incorporate into future events.
- 5+ years of event operations experience (marketing experience in the advertising, marketing technology, or media industry preferred)
- 3+ years working with cross-functional teams or stakeholders
- Direct experience programming and/or producing 5,000+ person events (managing internal sales and marketing conferences for tech companies preferred)
- Direct experience managing or working with event production, creative and experiential agencies
- Experience managing hotel contracts and blocks
- Experience managing group air travel
- Experience managing multiple vendors
- Exceptional cross-functional team management
- Direct experience building and managing event registration systems and mobile apps
- Thorough understanding of client-side marketing and the holistic role of events in the context of overall marketing strategy
- Event agency experience a plus
- Exceptional project management experience
- Ability to work across various levels of the organization while building trust and fostering collaboration
- Solid experience managing complex projects and budgets
- Ability to work well under pressure, with tight deadlines
- Familiarity with competitive event landscape
- Desire to consistently enhance events, bringing new ideas to the table
- Excellent eye for detail
- Must be a team player
- BA required (communication or marketing preferred)
This TOP social media company, headquartered in Menlo Park, CA, was built to help people connect and share. Over the last decade their tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate. With over two billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at this company offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.
Working here, you’ll:
- Be part of their mission of community building
- Work on the most visible apps and services in the social media industry
- Work in an Agile environment, in constant iteration and problem solving mode
- Take part in global internal conversations that are happening with stakeholders, wherever they may be located, who are the best at what they do
Additionally, check out all you’d have at your fingertips:
Paid Time Off:
- Freelancers are eligible to accrue up to 15 days of PTO per 12-month period. Accrual begins on your first day of assignment thereafter. Non-exempt workers (hourly) accrue 1 hour of PTO for every 16.67 hours. Accrued PTO can be used after your 91st day on assignment. PTO can be used for holidays, personal time off, vacation, and sick time.
- Transportation to and from San Francisco/Oakland to their campus in Menlo Park CA.
- Communal beach cruisers are parked everywhere, making it easy to get across the 57 acre, 11 building campus.
- Bike Repair Shop.
- Meals are provided (and we’re not talking about a small cafeteria)! It is like Disneyland with all of the amazing options you have available. You will never get bored with all of the restaurants you have to choose from.
- The football field-sized grass roof deck is available for you to use at your leisure! With beautiful views and tons of space, it is great place to relax and enjoy your lunch every day.