Our Fortune 500 global asset management firm who provides investment management and research services worldwide is in need of a skilled freelance Sr. Front End Developer who is confident in their JS Development skills, to join their team to work on global websites, apps, blogs. This progressive client, who treats freelances like staff, is looking to enhance their growing tight-knit UX Pod, with a start-up feel environment.
This role is onsite in NYC, for 6 months, strong opportunity to extend, healthcare benefits, paid sick time, 401k is provided for this freelance engagement.
What You Will Do:
- As a Sr. Front-End Developer, you will work closely with business users, graphic designers, business analysts, and back-end development teams to create digital experiences for a variety of desktop and mobile platforms/pages.
- A front-end development is half logic and half design, the candidate should have a strong understanding of the artistic side of the web: balance, transition, motion and flow. Being able to “break out” design comps into markup is your day-to-day bread and butter. Candidate should have a strong understanding of mobile first, responsive web patterns and UX/UI design.
- In this role, you will work on front-end development activities, solutions, methods and practices, develop new and effective interactive design solutions, collaborate to deliver on new business initiatives and platform enhancements, assist in developing methodologies, standards and best practices for the group
- Research and recommend new interactive technologies for mobile and social, develop reusable code libraries, conduct code walkthroughs and quality assurance with IT team, develop web accessible and browser compatibility code
- Candidate will assist the ongoing planning and development of innovative and interactive functionality which will enhance the client’s digital presence.
What You Need:
- Financial Service industry not required. Client is more interested in someone who is passionate about their career, who is a hard-core developer but loves to interact with a Team of various disciplines (creatives, managers, developers)
- Online samples of coding work is required, e.g. GitHub or self-designed/coded webpage.
- Expert level in JQuery/Ajax, XML/RSS and other data interchange standards to parse data from content management system, extensive knowledge in HTML5 and CSS3, including Web-Kit animation, expert knowledge in using XSLT to transform XML documents into HTML, expert knowledge in in how to request and process data from Web Services
- A complete understanding of the complexities of Responsive Web Design, knowledge of design tools including Adobe In Vision, Photoshop, take a PNG/mockup and turn it into a working experience
- Experience in creating exciting interactions on the iPad, iPhone and other mobile devices that conform to W3C standards, knowledge of Omniture and other tracking software a plus
What is it like working with Aquent? I’m glad you asked! Freelancing long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
- Subsidized health and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs./wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k), access to FSA Program; direct deposit for your paycheck
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!); free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com; free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)
That’s it! The rest is up to you, if you are interested in this amazing opportunity please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org