- Los Angeles, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Erikah Miller
Our client in the financial services industry is seeking a Proof reader on a contract basis. This is a production proofing role that requires proficiency with Excel.
- Copy editing.
- Proofing: Including comparing statistical information to backup data
- Financial services knowledge preferable but not required.
- Ability to be flexible with deadline driven due dates.
- Excellent accuracy and has an eye for detail.
- Must work well in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
Job Description: Proof Reader
- The Proof Reader is responsible for proofreading, light copy editing, and fact-checking content for the Multi-Channel Content Production team within Marketing Communication.
- Oversees and provides Quality Assurance (QA) to ensure accuracy and overall quality of materials
- Collaborates with the creative team to review and improve existing content, coordinate requests for and update statistics and compliance footnote language using internal tools and software, conduct research related to content development and participate in team and strategy/development meetings
- Responsible for and/or oversees the proofreading of materials that include a significant amount of statistical information
- Ensures that materials are consistent with corporate and compliance standards; collaborates with compliance/legal especially as it relates to footnote language
- Maintains a proofing style guide for the Institutional materials
- Collaborates with the creative team, on projects outside of the QA process based on additional business knowledge, as needed
- Demonstrates the ability to understand both the high-level and detailed perspective
- Demonstrates strong analytical and critical-thinking skills and accuracy
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills; strong grammar and syntax skills; strong presentation skills; strong inter-personal skills
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate feedback on issues related to various outputs to creative team members regarding technical requirements and writing formats
- Demonstrates the ability to work in a team environment; demonstrates the initiative to work and learn independently and proactively contribute to department goals
- Demonstrates strong production coordination skills including maintaining production schedules, tracking deliverables, problem solving, and escalating issues as appropriate
- Demonstrates strong detail orientation, process orientation, organizational, and multi-tasking skills; ability to effectively manage an unpredictable workload and meet established deadlines
- Demonstrates strong computer skills, especially in Microsoft Word; knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint is highly desirable
- Requires at least 3 years of experience using AP or Chicago Manual of Style
- Requires a Bachelors degree
This client is one of our largest financial services clients. But don’t let that stop you from reading further!
We place so many freelancers here who consistently tell us its one of the best places they've worked. Why? The teams, the culture, the management, and most recently, the client’s willingness to recognize that it was important to step up to the digital demands of the marketplace:
A new CMO and high level digital leadership that have transitioned in from top technology, retail and CPG companies
Transitioning their marketing structure to Agile methodology to be able to deliver valuable content to its audiences faster
They even followed this up with a floor remodel, to support the methodology, creativity & collaboration
We hear often that the constant here is change. The company is consistently trying new approaches that they think will improve not only their product offerings but the worklife as well. If you’re used to “going with the flow”, this is a great opportunity for you!
These are key elements to be able to walk away with and add to your resume, especially if you’re coming from a traditional marketing structure. What a great way to help transition your career in this trending direction!