• Translate reference and 2D concept artwork into VFX.
• Translate written and verbal direction into VFX solutions.
• Work closely with Design and Programming.
• Ensure the VFX meet necessary performance and gameplay expectations.
• Rapid prototyping of VFX utilizing varying techniques.
• Implementing high end VFX that run efficiently on target.
• Deep understanding of real time VFX techniques and their pros and cons.
• Experience with a 3D package (Maya or 3dsMax), and Photoshop.
• Experience creating VFX shaders.
• Ability to organize and manage time effectively to meet deadlines.
• Technically as well as artistically minded.
• Comfortably work with Design and Programming disciplines.
• Desire to push real-time VFX work to the next level. Think outside of the box.
• Must have 2+ years of experience in video games, film/television. Experience shipping AAA games preferable.
• Art-related degree and/or comparable professional experience.
• Ability to create content pipelines with ease of content creation in mind.
• Proven ability to work in photo-real art style.
• Experience with Unreal Engine preferred.
• Houdini experience a plus.
• Mel or Python scripting experience a plus.
-Communication and Self-Management
-Must thrive under deadlines and understand things must be delivered on time