As a UX Designer on the team, you will act as a design lead of a cross-functional team to build products that enable designers and engineers to create usable, useful, and beautiful products, faster.
- Lead a full product design life cycle. (Understand, Design, Prototype, Validate)
- Collaborate with cross-functional development team that consists of Eng, UX, PM, and UER.
- Define user pain points, generate success criteria, conduct and/or assist with user research.
- Design new products, tools, and/or services. Hands-on maker.
- Improve the suite of Material Tools (Material Theme Editor for Sketch, Web Inline Tools)
- Present to stakeholders.
- Degree in Design (ex. Interaction, Graphic, Visual Communications, Product, Industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 3-5 years of experience focused primarily in interaction or visual design, contributing to products, design systems, or operating systems.
- A solid understanding of user-centered and interaction design principles and the best practices.
- Comfortable switching between low-level, specific product details and high-level ecosystem needs.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills, with the ability to build good working relationships.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with many stakeholders.
- Ability to solve complex interaction problems and clearly provide design rationales to persuade varying levels of the organization.
- Must be self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project milestones and deadlines.
- Familiarity with Material Design.
- Experience designing for at least two of the following contexts: products, design systems, operating systems.
- Experience designing for Android, iOS, and Web.
- Proven effectiveness in working across organizational boundaries to define, manage, and prioritize work.
- Proven ability to act as a leader in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale, all within a user-centered design process.
- Hybrid designer who is grounded in both visual and interaction design.
- Experience conducting or assisting with qualitative or quantitative research.
- Ability to work with teams outside the immediate organization, including external partners.
- Great presentation and storytelling skills. Communicate with confidence and clarity. Understands how to make an impact and delivers the right level of information at the right time.
- Optimistic attitude and passion for design systems.