Reporting to the Director Global Consumer Insights (Strategic Foresight team), the Senior Manager GCI Advanced Analytics (Strategic Foresight) position provides trends, foresight and analytics expertise along with thought leadership and consultative in uncovering consumer and market insights through actionable analytics and trends research initiatives.
The Senior Manager will act as an insight hunter, change agent and trusted business advisor to teams across the globe from Marketing to D&D to Regional/Global leadership teams and senior management. Specific responsibilities include executing comprehensive and complex analysis (integrating both quantitative and qualitative data), and delivering concise, future focused and action-oriented presentations that outline opportunities to drive company growth and helps inform business decisions. The Senior Manager will lead the GCI advanced analytics program, working with internal and external partners managing Predictive Analytics initiatives (Marketing Mix Modeling, Forecasting, Trends foresight), big data initiatives (data blending and data visualization such as Power BI and Tableau) and other cutting-edge analytical analyses. The Senior Manager will also have responsibility for monitoring global trends and disruptive forces across consumer segments, industries and markets and proactively sharing knowledge/insights throughout the organization utilizing a variety of communication vehicles.
The Senior Manager GCI will have budget responsibility, leading the evaluation of and managing a select group of research partners to provide provocative, predictive and highly actionable insights and strategic direction. Senior Manager will lead collaborations with internal teams on initiatives to improve data analysis systems and processes (e.g., methodologies, reporting/dashboard tools, data analysis efficiencies, forecasting capabilities, best practices with GCI, etc.).
Provide thought leadership on global macro-economic, social, entertainment, digital and tech trends is essential for this role. Deep understanding and experience driving advanced media mix modeling analyses that provide more effective, optimized media and entertainment strategies including the use of a predictive media planning scenario tool. Lead MMM initiatives for global markets providing thought leadership, deep analytical thinking, and strong partnership skills working with local teams to build advanced/predictive analytics capabilities. Links insights from advanced statistical analysis to key business decisions and works to ensure the implications are effectively, concisely communicated, validated, and acted upon.
• Manages all aspects of projects, including identifying objectives, designing methodology, synthesizing and analyzing research and reporting on findings in a clear, concise and actionable way.
• Manages resources effectively to deliver results within the project requirements (objectives, schedule and costs).
• Evaluates vendors and methodologies to provide the highest quality information and insights to internal clients. Leads supplier evaluation for select group of partners annually.
• Leads collaboration with key internal partners related to GCI Advanced Analytics/Big Data initiatives.
• Develops and executes strategic research projects utilizing conventional and innovative methodologies. Activities include, but are not limited to, strategic upside opportunity assessment, whitespace identification, consumer and market trend opportunities. Clearly articulates implications and makes actionable recommendations to drive growth.
• Utilizes a variety of sources and collaborates with research partners (internal & external) to validate and integrate diverse data sets, insights and expertise across the organization.
• Identifies and evaluates early “faint signals” of global trends to determine potential strategic threats and opportunities.
• Conducts thorough and careful analysis of data and gathers critical information to help inform business decisions and strategic planning for teams across business units and regions. Identifies themes, trends, business implications and actionable recommendations.
• Effectively prioritizes tasks and projects to deliver quality solutions.
• Manages tactical and ad-hoc data analysis, including outsourcing as appropriate and ensuring internal partners are properly trained on various self-help tools.
• Communicates research findings via reports and presentations to management to ensure clear understanding of information and implications.
• Creatively utilizes non-traditional communication vehicles to ensure insights are understood and adopted across the company.
• Leads the creation of final presentations for all GCI advances analytics initiatives working with vendors to ensure deliverables are concise, action-oriented with a laser focus on future growth opportunities.
• Leads monthly reporting of GCI advanced analytics projects to key internal clients.
• Acts as editor-in-chief and final approver of key deliverables created by junior staff and/or external suppliers.
• Consistently ensures the integrity and correct interpretation of all research information.
• Proactively tracks and communicates broad consumer and market trend information. This includes trend identification, analysis, and communication/dissemination.
• Bachelor’s or MBA degree in related area
• 10+ years Market Research, Advanced Analytics or Strategic Planning/Consulting experience in a fast paced, innovative CPG, entertainment, global retail, or technology industry
• Proven expertise in data gathering and analyzing complex data sets
• Expert in advanced analytics with experience managing/leading Marketing Mix Modeling and Forecasting projects
• Demonstrated experience in advanced statistical analysis
• Effective Inductive reasoning skills recognizing patterns, themes, trends across disparate sources of data—push through ambiguity and seek new insights
• Excellent problem solving and synthesis skills including diagnosis and framing business context
• Extensive experience with secondary data sources (NPD, Nielsen, IRI, Euromonitor data, Economic data)
• Advanced computer skills – technical proficiencies in Powerpoint, Excel and Word; Access, VBA, Power BI, Tableau