- Hartford County
- Job Terms:
- W2, Hourly, Depends on Experience
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Kimberley Strayer
We are seeking an Account Specialist who can manage complex projects, with an ability to dig in, learn fast and take action quickly to juggle multiple projects with ease, while collaborating with a variety of stakeholders. In this role, you will work with a number of marketing-focused groups internally (e.g., Brand, Creative, Digital, PR, Research, Customer Experience, Corporate, Social Media, and Events & Sponsorships). External partnering would include marketing and advertising agencies, printers and multimedia production houses. Experience with integrated campaigns - translating business objectives into highly effective Marketing Communications strategies will be key to delivering projects on-time and error-free.
- Possess critical thinking skills to add value to integrated Marketing Communications campaigns, leveraging (ideally) experience with Eloqua and/or off-shore fulfillment, and a keen eye for details and strong personal motivation to work between creative and clients
- Work directly with key business and service leads, translating what can often be complex objectives, into clear effective and focused messaging/communication strategies
- Work with Segment Marketing, Product, Pricing, Underwriting, and Operations team members to generate ideas and opportunities to innovate, which can include process, media, tactics, and other ideas intended to improve the client’s competitive position in marketing communications.
- Write creative briefs that clearly define campaign objectives, goals and strategy.
- Create content outlines including key messages and campaign assets.
- Guide creative agency on copy and creative development, and manage review process.
- Manage internal e.campaign team to deploy campaigns in a timely and accurate manner to appropriate audiences.
- Leverage KPI and other data to identify opportunities for improvement.
Our national insurance industry client practices what it preaches, and has a strong health and wellness focus as part of their company culture. As a part of their organization, even as a freelancer, you can expect to be included in that culture!
What else can you expect from this organization?
As a congenial and collaborative culture, they’ll welcome you as an equal contributor, and value your opinion when it comes to creative and marketing project creation and delivery.
They’re fully committed to an Agile environment, adopting and utilizing standard Agile practices daily.
These folks are committed to getting it right, and as such, are quite focused on metrics and ROI. “Measure twice, cut once” is a common phrase that could possibly apply to their project teams. That’s why they value candidates with previous knowledge and experience in designing & managing to drive metrics, and have a keen eye for those with insurance industry experience.
This is very much a matrixed organization, so bring your A-game and communication skills! You’ll be networking with any number of stakeholders related to your creative and marketing projects.
Being a larger corporation, the meeting schedule is sometimes heavy. With a strong ability to stay organized and focused on your deliverable, you’ll thrive here!
Certain locations benefit from on-site fitness center facilities, Starbucks, and free parking. Our advice? Bring your walking shoes! Your day has a built in mini-workout. Parking in the CT facility tends to be a bit of a walk from the (very large!) main building, but that will make your fitness tracker happy!
Benefits for Consultants
Aquent talent are eligible for a generous health-and-wellness package.
Our plan includes: Medical Insurance Aquent offers access to comprehensive In and Out of Network plans, with contributions toward monthly premiums and often with eligibility within two months of starting work. Retirement Savings Plan Aquent offers a 401(k) plan, managed by a leader in the retirement field, with immediate vesting.
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Professional training
- Discounts and Perks
- Agency experience in account management a plus – stand-alone agency or corporate in-house
- Broad understanding of and experience developing messaging/integrated communications plans using a wide range of tactics (tradition, digital, social)
- Strong relationship management skills that are both collaborative and consultative
- Ability to present to and work with senior level executives, internal clients and external partners
- Strong business acumen, including understanding business objectives, key competitors, market position, distribution channels
- Big picture thinker who can clearly see how strategies/messaging and tactics work together
- Detail driven, multitasking, deadline master
- Critical thinker and creative problem solver who can find solutions that balance departmental needs with enterprise objectives
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, complex environment where the priorities and requirements can vary greatly
- Open mind to other perspectives and the ability to gain support and buy-in from all levels of the company
- Self-motivated, ability to generate ideas with confidence to make recommendations
- Ability to work through difficult situations in a proactive and constructive manner
- Amazing oral and written communication skills
Bachelor’s degree in marketing and/or communications
6+ years in marketing, marketing communications or advertising
Previous health care experience is strongly desired with a minimum 3 years healthcare experience
Successful candidates will be required to pass a drug test and background checks prior to starting.