- Nashville, TN
- Job Terms:
- W2, Hourly, Depends on Experience
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Blythe Churchill-Joell
We are seeking a consultant to work, on-site at our client, and closely with internal clients, Marketing, Communications and Creative staffs. This position is responsible for ensuring that various types of marketing communications are created, produced and distributed in a timely manner. As a member of our client's Creative Services unit, the Project Manager has an initial consultative role in terms of identifying the customer’s needs and in managing expectations in terms of estimated turnaround time and costs.
The Project Manager’s core competencies in developing communications and working closely with marketing and creative staffs, enable this position to be responsible for ensuring that various types (primarily direct mail) of marketing communications are created, produced and distributed optimally.
As a member of the creative team, the Project Manager has an initial consultative role in terms of identifying the client's needs and in managing expectations for the project in terms of estimated turnaround time and costs.
The consultative nature of this position is enabled by the Project Managers core competencies in direct response marketing communications and in building and maintaining strong relationships with internal clients. Importantly, the Project Manager must keep all requests within the larger context of what is most appropriate for the intended audiences(s) as well as determine how any new requests might be addressed with existing solutions to ensure cost-effectiveness.
The impact of this position is in ensuring effective and efficient delivery of consistent and respectful communication to various audiences, in keeping with overall brand standards so that all efforts help improve the client's ability to stand out in the marketplace.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage all assigned projects from beginning to end through established workflow processes
- Creates internal cost estimates based on hours, roles and services required for the project.
- Schedules kickoff meetings with all project team members - ensures all inputs from Project Checklist are ready for the kickoff meeting, including the Creative Brief.
- Sets up job folders on internal server
- Track and report estimated vs. actual costs
- Track schedules to ensure on-time delivery
- Tracks critical information such as scope changes and client approvals
- Help writing, design, and production team members prioritize projects in queue in collaboration with Traffic Manager
- Coordinates proofreading and translation requirements
- Primary point of contact for creative and production team(s) on all assigned projects
- Keep project status reporting tool updated in real time
- Schedules internal creative review meetings.
- Coordinates between creative and production teams on all outsourced requirements and the scheduling and delivery of those resources. Gathers production estimates based on input from Account team (print, video, digital).
- Closes jobs in the system and initiates archiving
- Acts ask backup to Traffic Manager when Traffic Manager is out of office.
Key Skills Required
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to effectively and professionally present information and respond to questions from various groups of customers with knowledge, respect, and a solutions-oriented approach
- Assertively make decisions, direct others and implement projects with little to no supervision
- Superior organizational skills with special attention to detail, time management, project management and budget
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proof reading skills, and speaking.
- Strong relationship management skills: ability to foster collaboration, value other perspectives and gain support/buy-in especially when working with creative talent
- Team play and self-starter with excellent communication skills, and the ability to build positive relationships with peers, vendors, clients, leadership and executives
- Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
Our national insurance industry client practices what it preaches, and has a strong health and wellness focus as part of their company culture. As a part of their organization, even as a freelancer, you can expect to be included in that culture!
What else can you expect from this organization?
As a congenial and collaborative culture, they’ll welcome you as an equal contributor, and value your opinion when it comes to creative and marketing project creation and delivery.
They’re fully committed to an Agile environment, adopting and utilizing standard Agile practices daily.
These folks are committed to getting it right, and as such, are quite focused on metrics and ROI. “Measure twice, cut once” is a common phrase that could possibly apply to their project teams. That’s why they value candidates with previous knowledge and experience in designing & managing to drive metrics, and have a keen eye for those with insurance industry experience.
This is very much a matrixed organization, so bring your A-game and communication skills! You’ll be networking with any number of stakeholders related to your creative and marketing projects.
Being a larger corporation, the meeting schedule is sometimes heavy. With a strong ability to stay organized and focused on your deliverable, you’ll thrive here!
Certain locations benefit from on-site fitness center facilities, Starbucks, and free parking. Our advice? Bring your walking shoes! Your day has a built in mini-workout. Parking in the CT facility tends to be a bit of a walk from the (very large!) main building, but that will make your fitness tracker happy!
Benefits for Consultants
Aquent talent are eligible for a generous health-and-wellness package.
Our plan includes: Medical Insurance Aquent offers access to comprehensive In and Out of Network plans, with contributions toward monthly premiums and often with eligibility within two months of starting work. Retirement Savings Plan Aquent offers a 401(k) plan, managed by a leader in the retirement field, with immediate vesting.
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Professional training
- Discounts and Perks
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL OFFER THE FOLLOWING:
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Communications or a related field
- 5+ years of client service experience within an advertising, marketing agency or in-house agency
- Demonstrated success managing Marketing, Corporate Communications, Events, Social Media and Digital campaigns that help to create successful communications.
- Experience building relationships to define and evaluate customer needs
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Demonstrated experience developing and delivering a variety of communications programs and materials
- Proven systemic view, ability to guide the end-to-end creative project solutions
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic, matrix-oriented environment
- Solid creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong relationship management skills: ability to foster collaboration, value other perspectives and gain support/buy-in
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Successful candidates will be required to pass a drug screen and background check.