- Mountain View, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Corey King
We are looking for a technical writer with a strong background in documenting complex systems. You will design, develop, and maintain documents for audiences including manufacturing and test, deployment and integration, user guides, and troubleshooting documentation. You’ll work with the Engineers and other team members who developed the technology to make a complex system easily consumable by our customers.
- Develop guide for deployment/installation/integration staff
- Develop a training manual for new operators guide for continuous operations
- Develop troubleshooting guide to quickly identify and correct issues
Mandatory Minimum Qualifications:
- BS/BA degree in any field or equivalent practical experience
- 4+ years of relevant experience, such as technical writing, product documentation, or online publishing including experience with writing technical customer-facing materials
- Experience with robotics, manufacturing, or industrial equipment
Desired Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience documenting early-stage products still undergoing development
- High tolerance for ambiguity and change
- Experience building complete user documentation from scratch
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of: