- McLean, VA (Metro Accessible)
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Cynthia Escalante
Creative, collaborative strategic events expert that thrives in changing, dynamic environments and will integrate industry best practices to reimagine and transform this important sub-function at the corporation. This individual will be responsible for delivering unique event experiences that promote brand awareness, strengthen the corporation’s corporate reputation and support business priorities. This individual is a working manager that will oversee a seasoned team of event professionals that is responsible for creating, implementing and evaluating internal and external events for both employees and externally to engage customers, sponsors and other influencers. The ideal candidate is a strong project manager, networker and influencer that has a keen ability to build credibility, establish trust with internal and external stakeholders, and deliver impactful events that support business goals. The candidate must have robust written and oral communication skills, and an appetite to learn about the vital mission impact of the corporation’s work.
- Event/Exhibit Management – experience identifying, developing and executing strategically focused and diversified portfolios of events, meetings, sponsorships, trade shows and related activities from concept to completion.
- Project Management – proficient in multi-tasking complex projects within deadlines, problem solving and collaborating with cross functional groups, while maintaining high quality standards and attention to detail.
- Relationship Management – adept in building and developing strong working relationships with all levels of staff, stakeholders, senior executives and officers, project teams, vendors and associated organizations to ensure cooperative efforts.
- Budget Management – proven ability to create and manage a broad range of event and trade show budgets.
- Candidate must also be able to develop procedures and processes, and ensure quality standards are met and maintained. Responsibilities include planning, budgeting, and execution.
- Mentor junior staff and guide their development to strengthen the team capabilities.
- Demonstrated experience leading successful events in public sector / industry environment including defining, developing and implementing innovative and successful integrated event experiences to advance stakeholder mission and strengthen reputation
- Advanced proficiency in communication and marketing strategy and execution with expertise in consulting and developing solutions that align to business goals
- Demonstrated understanding of business strategy/planning/change management
- Excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Robust knowledge of meeting planning processes with familiarity of strategic meeting management principles
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage concurrent tasks efficiently
- Strong negotiation skills with ability to leverage meeting costs and deliver meaningful ROI
- Positive outlook and attitude—someone who naturally builds good rapport with team members
- Outgoing self-starter
- Ability to provide feedback to other team members in a sensitive, but directive manner
- Ability to obtain and maintain a SECRET level security clearance
- Ability to work successfully as part of a team and independently and drive consensus in a timely manner
- BS and 10 years of experience to include 2 years of Leadership experience.
- Certified Meeting Planner (CMP) preferred
- External marketing and agency experience preferred.
- 12-15 years’ experience in a corporate marketing communications environment.
- Bachelors or higher degree in communications, media relations, public affairs, or relate
An American not-for-profit organization based in McLean, Virginia, managing federally funded research and development centers supporting several U.S. government agencies.
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals.