Manager, Visual Merchandising - Global Beauty Brand
This is a long term ongoing freelance position based onsite in NYC, 40 hours/week with a global beauty brand.
- Partner with Global VM & Store Design, Global Creative, NA Trade Marketing, Account Management, and Field to deliver on-brand and compelling merchandising stories across all points of sale. Collaborate on the interpretation of Global Guidelines for the North American Market.
- Own NA VM & SD execution for Free Standing Stores, Specialty Multi & Department Stores.
- Participate in creative development of merchandising and store concepts, ensure
consistency to brand identity and launch programs aligning with NA marketing & sales strategies. Participate in all necessary VM & SD creative presentations.
- Collaborate with Assistant Manager in the concepting, presentation, development and execution of all new launch programs and related elements and collateral. Work with reports on skill and leadership development.
- Lead concept and execution of visual merchandising initiatives, overseeing
phases of projects, collaborate with vendors on new projects and partner with global design teams on creative execution.
- Effectively manage costs and time requirements on projects. Collaborate with outside vendors and Corporate Purchasing on new concepts, to resolve issues of function, performance, manufacturing, cost and scheduling during design development and production phases of projects. Must possess understanding of in store fixture, accessory, display and componentry materials and manufacturing processes, proposing compelling and plausible design solutions that can be achieved technically and within timing/budgetary limitations.
- Maintain awareness of current trends in visual arts and merchandising, travel as necessary, and complete in-store site visits to observe & optimize boutiques in action. Elevate execution and maintain brand expectations.
- Engage with and present new concepts and brand initiatives to field representatives at NA sales meetings and other field development programs.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE: (Academic, Professional, Relevant Job Knowledge)
- 5+ years of related experience with strong visual merchandising and store design background including concept development and production.
- Strong 3-dimensional design skills and ability to integrate graphic design.
- Must be exceptionally creative and innovative and be able to articulate thoughts and ideas clearly.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent, enagaing and comprehensive presentation and public speaking skills.
- Ability to receive input from others and be able to persuasively discuss/defend design solutions while remaining flexible and open to other points of view with both internal and external groups.
- Ability to obtain cooperation from all levels of staff and vendors resulting in smooth completion of project initiatives.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects and to meet deadlines.
- Excellent management and leadership skills.
- Ability to successfully communicate design direction and strategy to cross functional and field partners.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.