This role can sit in Seattle or San Francisco!!
If you are enthusiastic about building awesome experiences that will be used by millions of developers to build many more millions of apps, and love discussing technology and software development as much as you love discussing design, this is the perfect job for you!
We are looking for Senior UX Designers who are adept at distilling complex tasks into clean, simple interfaces that place the users’ needs at the core of the design.
On our team, you’ll own the design of projects, from writing the initial brief with stakeholders, to executing the design, through advising engineering on implementation, and iteratively evolving the design. You’ll work closely with visual designers, user researchers, and developers to improve existing products and bring exciting new products to life. You should be a strong communicator with deep experience in developer tools, able to share your knowledge and insight with both your partners in product management and engineering, as well as other members of the design team.
Designing development tools requires a practical, hands-on understanding of software development, so at some point of your life you’ll have written code, whether it was part of a job, a hobby, or during your education.
As a Sr. UX Designer you will:
- Facilitate project kick-off and requirement gathering workshops, leading collaborative exploration of the design problem space with engineers and product managers.
- Utilize your expertise in design thinking to delve deeply into problems and find the best solutions that meet both user needs and Microsoft’s business objectives.
- Provide sketches, wireframes, information architectures, prototypes, user flows (use cases, activity diagrams), and non-functional specifications for visual designers and implementation teams as appropriate.
- Prioritize and work in an agile, iterative way.
Key competencies and Role Essentials:
- Proven experience designing software product UX in an iterative development environment.
- Lateral problem-solving skills. You’ll need to be able to identify possible solutions that are outside of the obvious design space.
- Ability to clearly and succinctly present UX design concepts and explain design thinking to engineering and product management stakeholders.
- A deep understanding of design patterns and pattern development.
Basic qualifications and Experience:
- 5+ years minimum as a user experience designer working on software products
- Background in Software Engineering: you’ll have previously written code either for your career, hobby, or education. (GitHub profile is a PLUS!!)
- A strong portfolio of UX Design Work, demonstrating expertise with a wide range of UX design techniques.
- Experience working client side as a UX designer on products at a software development company. (not only agency).