- El Segundo, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Jennifer Torrens
The world loves TV! But the traditional world of video content distribution and consumption is changing dramatically. It’s no surprise the UX teams are leading the way, making us a top provider of digital television entertainment services, delivering a premium video experience through state-of-the-art technology, and unmatched programming
To maintain their lead in a competitive, ever changing industry, our Top Media and Entertainment client is looking for a talented UI designer to join their team and support current as well as the next generation design of their multi-platform entertainment experiences. In this role you'll be a key member of a dynamic team, contributing to vital steps of the creative process as you build your skills that will help lay the foundation for your career. This is a 1-year temporary with the opportunity to extend or covert to a perm role.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- User Experience Design: You will work with UI and UX leads, UX and UI designers, business owners, product managers, and engineers (developers) to build high quality user-centered solutions.
- Collaboration: You will be part of creative brainstorming, ideation, rapid-prototyping, and other problem-solving with user experience and visual designers, engineers and other stakeholders on multiple projects. This also includes strong collaboration and alignment with teams responsible for online and mobile experiences to ensure customers' needs are met across all media.
- Execution: Using traditional visual design principles and tools (visual hierarchy, composition, typography, color theory, etc), you will design UI comps that also reflect sound UX thinking. To achieve this, you will work closely with UX designers. While a considerable portion of your deliverables will be UI comps/screens, you will always need to consider the larger system that you’re designing UI screens for, the user flows, etc.
- Research Participation: You will be working closely with our internal user researchers to support usability and focus group test plans as well as prototype support (paper or interactive prototypes, as appropriate).
- Project Execution and Support: You will be the user advocate supporting features and products throughout the project lifecycle ensuring the best experience gets implemented. This includes software development support, reviews, presentations, and of course making sure your high quality deliverables meet deadlines.
- Team Culture: Help to foster a fun, collaborative and supportive culture in which we are able to make career-defining work.
Desired Soft Skills & Talents
- Initiative: A dedication to driving projects, anticipating challenges, meeting deadlines, and managing time.
- Inquisitive: Naturally curious about new technology and hardware, and its relevance and value to people.
- Problem Solving: Develop an understanding of the unique needs of each market, digest the goals and challenges of each project, create implementable solution options, identify pros/cons and make recommendations.
- Collaboration: Work effectively within and across teams with multiple personality types and cultural backgrounds. Contribute productively, constructively and respectfully to debates during solution development.
- Communication: Crystal clarity in speech, writing, and presentations to a variety of audiences (ex: engineers, managers, executives).
- Receptivity: Able to learn quickly and apply new knowledge adeptly.
- Agility: Works comfortably in a fast-paced, evolving environment.
Required Knowledge & Experience
- Degree in Graphic Design, Information Architecture, Interaction Design, UX or equivalent in design-related work experience
- Experience in digital/interactive design, user-centered design, user requirements analysis and usability testing/user research.
- Proficient in industry-standard design processes.
- Online portfolio required, demonstrating:
- Exceptional digital, consumer electronics and/or similar entertainment product design that is well-thought out and of high quality
- Examples of cross-platform design that demonstrates the ability to account for considerations across multiple devices or screens
- Experience designing innovative solutions for the TV (10’ Design) a plus
- Drawing & Sketching Skills:
- Ability to clearly, quickly and fluidly sketch ideas (on paper, whiteboarding, etc)
- Stronger drawing skills with ability to create storyboards is a plus.
- Software proficiency:
- Adobe Design Suite
- Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign. After Effects is a plus.
- UX tools are a plus: Omnigraffle, Axure or equivalent
- 3D skills are a plus (Cinema 4D)
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- A passion for TV and entertainment!
The world loves TV! But the traditional world of video content distribution and consumption is changing dramatically. Our client is leading the way, as a top provider of digital television entertainment services, and backed by one of the world’s largest communication companies, delivering a premium video experience through state-of-the-art technology, and unmatched programming to more than 37 million customers in the U.S. and Latin America.
As a marketer, designer, developer, writer, or manager, if your passion is technology, this is where to look! Our client is innovating ways to bring not only its day-to-day technical products to the consumer, but is also keeping up the way they’re offering them, constantly adapting the standard of their own apps and digital experience. As part of their team, you’d be contributing to that innovation and digital experience, while gaining the experience that comes from working with two major technology brands.
- Highly competitive salaries: commensurate with experience
- Insurance: Excellent medical benefits with premiums largely subsidized by Aquent
- 401k Plan
- 24-hours Paid Sick Leave in CA
- Perks & Discounts at leading major retailers