This position can be either in San Jose or San Diego area location.
As part of this team, the Technical Writer designs and develops user-assistance content for business and technical users of software-as-a-service applications and APIs. Works with UI/UX designers, product managers, and software engineers to develop integrated, on-screen guidance and online help. Selects, implements, and manages authoring, publishing, and content management tools. Follows Agile best practices to achieve real-time content publishing. Designs and develops new content from scratch, based on product requirements, wireframes, visuals, and front-end prototypes, to coordinate publishing dates with software delivery dates. Can develop content for multiple user personas. We are looking for someone who can do it all - become a subject matter expert on the products; design and write excellent content for both application users and API users; and perform light development work with HTML, CSS, wiki markup, JSON.
Design and develop online user-assistance content as part of an excellent overall user experience for new web applications and APIs. Select and help implement new tools for authoring, publishing, and content management.
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
- 7+ years technical writing experience for complex enterprise and technical software solutions.
- Experience with multiple authoring environments, such as traditional, wiki, HTML, swagger.
- Ability to design and develop new content from scratch.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Clear, concise, and grammatically correct writing is essential. Original writing samples required.
- Light web programming skills strongly preferred.
- Technical acumen with online authoring and publishing tools is strongly preferred.
- Experience working with Agile methods and tools preferred.
Bachelor's degree in English, Technical Writing, Computer Science, or other applicable technical area.
San Jose or San Diego area preferred.