We are hiring a Marketing Specialist in the Seattle area for a global retail brand to assist with the development and implementation of marketing plans and initiatives. Must have 1-3 years experience in marketing, public relations, or community relations, project management.
Job Summary and Mission: This job contributes to success by supporting the development and implementation of marketing plans and initiatives. Acts and models in accordance with values and guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities: Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following: creating In-Store collateral (e.g. handheld menus, nutritional guides, coupons), printing, mailing, delivering collateral to stores, assisting with photo shoots (or in some cases, like with social media, actually taking the photo), updating .com menu pages. May assist with community event planning and staffing.
Summary of Experience: Marketing, public relations, or community relations: 3 years. Project management: 1 year.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Organization and planning skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Analytical skills.
- Ability to lead or assist leadership on cross functional projects and teams.
- Effective customer service, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Working knowledge of marketing and communications fundamentals.
- Experience in graphic design and layout using the following programs: Adobe Indesign, Adobe Photoshop (basic), Photography (basic) required.
- Reliable transportation required.
- You will be reporting directly to the hiring manager of this small, but mighty team.
- As the team is a lean, there isn't a lot of layers of approval and acts as a good way to understand the culture of the brand.
- This is a health and wellness brand, so candidates passionate about that will do well here.
- You would receive more exposure on this team of the different functions of the brand than they would otherwise on a larger team within the company.
Things to note:
- The workload for this assignment will predominantly be ad hoc, meaning that as projects come up, their work will ebb and flow.
- There is a potential for extension.
- Candidates must be comfortable with ambiguity.
- Candidates must be able to flex from a creative mindset to a tactical mindset.
- CPG experience would be a plus as some of the items they may work on will sit in that space.
- Feedback on performance will be given in real time and as projects progress.