- New York, NY
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Cassie Hunter
AQUENT is supporting the search for a major beauty brand's Sr. Retail Visual Merchandise Designer. This is a FT Freelance position on an ongoing basis (no specified end date) based in NYC. This role would report to the Director of Store Design.
The Senior Retail Designer/Manager will be involved in the creative design of stores, set-up, store displays and pop-up stores/events. This person will need to be able to do layout and renderings in AutoCAD and have basic SketchUp skills. In addition, this person will visit stores to set-up and oversee store design for their brand. This person will also be working with architects and have project management responsibilities - placing orders and managing promotions/projects.
This position is a long-term/steady position in a full-time schedule (Mon-Fri).
- 5-8 years of experience in Visual Merchandising Design
- Must have experience in AutoCAD
- Must have basic skills in SketchUp
- Famliarity with the Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Project Management skills
A major beauty brand, but you will be employed by AQUENT. Working with AQUENT gives you access to some pretty cool things:
1. You're paid weekly with the option for direct deposit Subsidized Health/Vision/Dental (including term life and LTD) benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk). Learn more about our awesome benefits here: https://aquent.com/our-dna/healthcare
2. Access to Fidelity 401(k)
3. Access to the Flexible Spending Account Program (pre-tax payment toward commuter passes, etc.)
4. Talent Rewards Program (we pay cash for referrals!)
5. Free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
6. Free online courses via Lynda.com
7. Aquent Support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations. We're also there to help you find new opportunities when you're finishing up your current role.
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.