This position typically reports directly to a Lead Content Manager on the intranet team. This position contributes specialized knowledge and skill in communications to support MGS team or business objectives.
The Content Manager consults with content providers to design, develop and build intranet web experiences. The primary delivery vehicles of this content are Global Source (MGS) and the Standards though additional design and development projects are frequent. Content is published to these systems leveraging a content management system (CMS). Strong UX design skills, html coding skills, and exceptional customer service skills are imperative.
The Content Manager will publish content areas for business owners throughout the global organization.
Generally works under limited supervision, but within established design and process guidelines, producing and analyzing more complex business information to assist in the decision-making process.
• Consult with customers to understand and document messaging and design requirements
• Create new or edit existing pages using content management system publishing templates on Global Source on an as-needed basis.
• Work collaboratively and productively with peers in the intranet team as well Creative Service, global content providers and other key resources.
• Routinely review content and work with content owners to ensure their content is up-to-date and accurate.
• Work to improve processes; actively seek user and customer feedback.
• Work on special content projects and other duties as assigned.
• Responsible for own work and contributing to team, department and/or business results. May direct work of non-management staff.
• Uphold and promote compliance with Global Source experience standards as well as other applicable policy and standards (e.g., Corporate Identity Standards, International Policy).
• Assists more senior associates in achieving business results by:
o utilizing technical knowledge and skills to enhance business processes.
o establishing priorities for self and, where appropriate, others.
o allocating own time effectively to meet goals in a manner that does not disadvantage other associates or groups.
o contributing to department/unit budget as appropriate (i.e., input, following guidelines, etc).
• Demonstrates an awareness of personal strengths and areas for improvement and acts independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
Successful candidates should possess knowledge and experience and demonstrate strong leadership and relationship skills as follows:
• B.A. or B.S. degree in Communications, Web Design or related field
• Demonstrable expertise in UX design and best practices
• UX certification preferred
• Minimum of two (3) years’ experience in internet/intranet design and content management including design, HTML coding, and web content presentation
• Very strong HTML skills
• Relevant experience on a large-scale global intranet using a content management system to load or maintain information on a website
• Background is design and content development consulting preferred
• Ability to commercially available html products (e.g., Dreamweaver)
• Web image editing/optimization skills
• Strong written, verbal and listening skills; effective knowledge of English usage, punctuation and grammar, with an emphasis on writing and editorial skills and formats
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with a large number of internal customers (experience in customer service and/or hotel operations a plus)
• Independence and ability to manage multiple projects effectively in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
• Experience with a variety of desktop software products, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills
• Ability to adapt work hours occasionally to support projects