We are hiring a Design Operation Coordinator who ensures the Design Studio runs smoothly on a day-to-day basis for a global sports brand in Portland, OR. This will be an on-going full time hours assignment.
• They will drive, implement and manage design process systems and procedures, solve
problems and prioritize amongst multiple tasks.
• The will provide the energy, focus and organizational horsepower to drive process
excellence and enable design to have creative space and focus.
• Serve as Chief of Staff to the Design Director
• Manage day-to-day operations of studio
• Implement existing templates and tools to drive design process results
• Develop plans for achieving key dates and deliverables
• Establish and foster strong cross-functional relationship with Product Management,
Development, and Merchandising partners
• Foster a high-performance team and studio by executing process excellence and driving
synergy across Product, Color and Materials design functions
• Work closely with Ops Director to ensure all policy and procedures are properly
implemented for design teams
• Ensure adherence to deadlines and deliverables both for design teams and for
downstream and upstream partners
• Manage design team budget including monthly reporting to Finance
• Partner with Design Director to create inspiring, motivational and educational
experiences for design teams to support team building and creative exploration
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Experience working in creative studios
• Experience with product creation process (specifically apparel or footwear)