The Project Manager for Broadcast Creative will be responsible for the management of creative development of broadcast TV/Radio and special projects. Responsible the tactical planning and executing creative with internal Marketing and Merchandising partners and outside agency partners.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
• Partners with outside advertising agency, internal clients and cross channel teams to execute national broadcast advertising for the client. Ensures the concepts coming from the advertising agency are consistent with client’s brand and brand standards.
• Attends to production shoots and serve as liaison between the agency crew and the store management to minimize the disruption in the store and maximize efficiency.
• Helps manage broadcast production schedules, TV/Radio competitive tracking and communications.
• Point person for the development of reporting documents for the broadcast department, including monthly marketing meetings, dashboards, and weekly reels.
• Works with in-store Muzak and on-hold messaging, including message focus, selection, scheduling, final approval of all messages.
• Responsible for ensuring traffic instructions. Supports Broadcast Mangers and Senior Manager as needed. Manages budget for assigned categories and supports budget captain.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
• Builds effective partnerships throughout the organization. Makes solid decisions.
• Ability to approach challenges systematically, researching alternatives and make recommendations
• Working knowledge of marketing, advertising, merchandising. Thorough knowledge of broadcast creative production process and advertising agency management.
• Effectively prioritizes multiple demands. Creative thinker; driven to optimal results with budget/deadline on target
• Strong Presentation Skills (personable/confident) Negotiates effectively with others to find optimal solution. Invites feedback and listens effectively. Strong Work Ethic.
Deals with both national broadcast creative but also delving into more regional and local creative with a variety of messages. Advertising agency experience is a big plus. The position will liaise between internal marketing teams and the agency. The person should be thick skinned and confident in defining the scope and the goals of the projects to all parties. Budget and finance literacy/ background and use of Excel to that end is important- all dashboards and competitive analysis work (which the person will need to execute) will be in PowerPoint/ Excel. I asked if a media buyer would be a good fit, and she said not necessarily, more the ability to understand and read budgets and of course understanding broadcast creative as it applies to brand management are the two essentials.
The person needs to be comfortable asking questions to guide the process and rolling with the punches if a project does not come to fruition (essentially dies) or changes scope in a major way. They need to be adept at researching projects on their own, strategizing alongside the agency partner and moving quickly.