- Spring, Texas
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- August 2018
- posted by:
- Crystal Pettibone
Our client, a Fortune 100 Energy company in North Houston, is looking for people who truly enjoy solving large complex problems, so simply calling it is a UX Designer just doesn't seem to do it justice! We need designers who want to design for engineers building specialized tools to take on the world’s toughest energy challenges. We need people who want to work in a company that values user experience, and who want to join a corporate community of UX professionals who will challenge you and grow your skillset. If you want to work on challenging scientific and engineering software with highly technical problems, and have strong skills in interaction design and communication, then this may be the perfect role for you!
The Basics of the role:
• Work with a broad range of engineers and scientists to help build fast, effective designs.
• Develop paper and electronic prototypes to test your concepts and try many ideas before settling into the right design.
• Ability to be able to shift gears quickly and have a pragmatic sense of design.
• Ability to make complex things simple, but only by deeply understanding the problem.
• Ability to collaborate with a team of non-designers.
• Ability to communicate verbally and visually
The Skills you need:
• User Research
• Usability Testing
• Electronic and Paper Prototyping
• Interaction Design
• Data Visualization
Bonus points if you have these too:
• 3+ years of experience
• 2+ years of experience in Oil and Gas or other science/engineering domain preferred.
• Experience working with modern desktop platforms like .NET/WPF is a plus and will make communication with software developers easier.
Education: BS in Computer Science or Equivalent, Masters would be awesome too
What's so cool about working for this client through Aquent?
- They truly value UX and are solving some of the world's toughest energy challenges through user-centered design and research
- They embrace emerging technologies (AR/VR, IoT, BlockChain, etc.)
- They offer ongoing UX education and brought in some big names in UX to lead workshops over the past year
- They have an onsite usability lab
- This position offers superior benefits along with PTO & Holiday pay
Must have a killer portfolio! And not just pretty pictures, but true, in-depth, thoughtful work that shows your process!