Editor, Digital Video
This is a freelance position with a major Beauty client based onsite in Culver City, CA. This position will be 3 months, 40 hours/week.
Reports to: Associate Video Director
Our beauty client knows camera-ready beauty. The modern-day image factory where countless iconic celebrity and fashion images have been shot—we are a fast-growing, prestige cosmetics brand with domestic and international presence. Staying true to our L.A. studio roots, we are creative and trendsetting, yet laidback and accessible.
The Editor, Digital Video for beauty client will support the video team with primary editing and revisions for all client video content, as well as provide assistance for any production needs. Areas of focus will include get the look videos, branded content, commercials, digital video campaigns, digital advertising campaigns and product focused content with a heavy focus on social media organic and paid content. Position reports to the Associate Video Director.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand video brief needs —including, but not limited to Digital/Social, Education/Training, International and Freestanding Store teams—on all video content from pre- to post-production
• Primary editing and revisions of client social-first video content (Instagram Feed, IG Stories, IGTV and YouTube), get the look videos, branded content, commercials, digital and in store video campaigns, digital media advertising campaigns, education training videos, and product-focused content.
• Support storyboard and pre-production process for campaigns; manage small social shoots from conception through completion and delivery.
o Help translate marketing briefs and deliverables into strategic video content through our brand lens
• Assist in the filming of all video content for beauty client
• Support data management of all footage, including backups and video archives, as well as asset delivery.
• Support importing and transcoding of raw footage and all project prep.
• Support Associate Video Editor to manage video equipment from cameras to edit bay
• Help delegate tasks to additional editors, as well as agencies when needed.
• Stay up to date on video innovation and trends, and identify appropriate opportunities
• Position requires 3+ years of editing experience
• Accomplished storyteller with ability to create strategic branded content
• Experienced and well-versed in all facets of video production process
• Proficiency in Final Cut Pro and After Effects, as well as Photoshop and InDesign
• Proficiency with DSLR cameras and digital video workflow
• Thorough understanding of deliverables, including all video codecs and compression types
• Experience with project management software and tools
• Ability to proactively prioritize, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines
• Excellent communication (written & verbal) and organization stills and a proactive attitude
• Ability to adapt to a fast-paced culture with heavy workloads
• Self-starter and problem solver with demonstrated success in similar work environment
o Branding/beauty/entertainment experience a plus
• Proficiency in PowerPoint and Keynote a plus