We are hiring a Product manager for a global coffee brand in Seattle, WA with 5 years experience to lead the development of new products and product related marketing opportunities within a category. As the Product Manager, you will develops strategic assessments for products, and manages the product performance against operating plans and budgets to achieve financial and business objectives. Progressive experience in product or brand management. MBA preferred.
Why is this role open? What need will this worker fill?
This role is being staffed to resource time sensitive projects for the brand. Cost optimization, and packaging improvements for premium tea sachets, as well as support for new filter bag innovation
What does a typical work day entail? What are the daily tasks/responsibilities/deliverables?
This is 100% product development / product cost optimization. This person will work with cross functional resources to move projects swiftly and efficiently. It's essential that this person have a level of empathy to understand the needs of the teams they will be working with so they can drive to a mutually beneficial solution. They'll sit on a small, but mighty team reporting directly to the hiring manager and work close with 1 brand manager.
What are the must/nice to have skills you are looking for in this?
- Product management, experience
- financial business acumen (understanding contribution to total COGS)
- packaging project experience is a bonus
Things to note:
- Must be comfortable pulling apart the line items of a cost structure of a product.
- Candidates with analytical skills and are driven will do well here.
- product management/ packaging experience is preferred over an MBA
- The hiring manager is putting together an assessment of what is feasible within 90 days, but in the meantime - progress/ performance will be monitored with weekly check-ins.