Our Biotech client is looking for a Marketing Events Manager to join their team in the South Bay area! The role would require off-site travel to events and tradeshows as needed.
Responsibilities, include but are not limited to:
• Own all operational aspects of events
• Must exercise flawless administrative judgment
• Develop, maintain and enforce comprehensive event operational standards, policies and procedures
• Act as a key advisor to other team members and internal stakeholder/teams to ensure optimal business outcomes are achieved
• Manage teams, suppliers and other contributors to exceptional levels of execution of all assigned deliverables and programs – on schedule and within budget
• Demonstrate success in managing and negotiating with third-party vendors.
• Strong project management skills are needed to manage both internal and external requirements. Has excellent customer service skills
• Work individually or with a team in recommending action, scheduling and planning projects, estimating costs and managing projects to completion
• Identify, evaluate and recommend marketing opportunities consistent with product line objectives
• Provide pre- and post-sale marketing support to sales representatives in the US and global markets
• Minimum of 4 years of industry related experience with event planning and tradeshow experience
• Bachelors or higher degree. Degree in marketing, business, or science discipline preferred.
• Ability to think strategically, and ensure event activities support business goals.
• Team player that enjoys collaborating with internal, external partner teams, customers and vendor/consultants to drive business objectives in a nimble, progressive environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Consultative approach to questions, concerns and issues
• Exceptional communication skills (verbal and written) for the development of marketing strategies and tactics, product analysis and project management
• Microsoft Suite product expertise: PPT, Word, Excel, etc.
• May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned
• Percent of Travel: 25 - 40%