- Minooka, IL
- Job Terms:
- Hourly (Contract)
- posted by:
- Christena Peterson
Do you have a well-trained eye with a hunger for creativity? Do you want to play a significant role in a photographer's life and urge them to strive hard for that special "defining image?" Do you have previous experience as the "eye behind the lens?" Are you a Commercial Photographer? If this sounds like you, keep reading! Aquent is currently sourcing for a creative and focused Photo Editor, courtesy of one of our prestigious Fortune 500 clients local to the Minooka, IL market area. The ideal candidate for this role will have a minimum of 2 years of experience working as a Commercial Photographer/Photo Editor and extensive experience collaborating with photographers and other editors to select the best photo and ensure deadlines are met. You will be responsible for the organization of the photo shoot, the actual photography, creating photo content that compliments the text and adding your own creative appeal to it along the way! In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining brand standards on the website through the ongoing updates, maintenance and design of supporting assets including large seasonal campaigns. You will work both independently and closely with producers, copy writers, art directors and designers to ensure consistency in quality of work and be able to manage multiple projects to meet timelines and due dates. *This is a 100% on-site opportunity and 40 hours per week*
• Style products to adhere to Style Guide standards, so that minimal post production retouching work is needed.
• Strict attention to detail and a high level of organizational skills are required to keep product and SKU relationship maintained.
• Receive, prepare and track products for image capture
• Store sorted stock on shelves until ready to shoot
• Hi level sorting of products in logical orientation (size, shape, material)
• Identify when there are no visual differences in products and group these together.
• Open packaging so that the product can be repackaged as new when completed
• Prepare products by remove surface dust, fingerprints and other imperfections
• Assemble and disassemble products as necessary for shoots
• Maintain production area in a neat and orderly condition
• Must be able to train quickly, follow procedure and exhibit the task management skills necessary to meet or exceed style guide standards
• Strict attention to detail with a high level of organizational skills
• 2+ years’ experience with Microsoft Windows operating system and applications including Excel
• Very comfortable with technology and willing to learn
• Mechanical understanding of using basic hand tools such as screwdrivers, mallets and drills; comfortable with assembling product
• Familiarity with photography/visual arts required.
• Photoshop skills a plus.