This game studio is seeking a digital native that is deeply passionate about supporting strong, vibrant, online communities.
Our Community Advocate will nurture a community excited to engage with the game, our new brand in competitive gaming and esports. partnering with a cross-team of the studio’s stakeholders, channel leads, vendor partners, sponsors, and streaming partners such as Mixer, this role will develop best practices on how, when, where and with what messages and tonality to engage with our community. The end result should be a growing community that is eager to participate in the game: as drivers, talent, volunteers, and especially as viewers.
The ideal candidate cares about people and teams, and has an innate sensitivity on how to manage challenging messages. Our advocate is “community driven” but has the ability to balance the needs of our community with the needs of the business. Our advocate will have prior experience in end-consumer marketing fields such as product marketing, marketing communications, and/or digital marketing, experience producing effective messaging and marketing copy, and the ability to work with a diverse set of personalities and teams, including third-party teams (vendors and partners). Social media marketing experience is required. A passion for gaming and experience with PR, esports, and sponsorships is a significant plus.
To succeed, you will need to use data insights (qual and quant) to grow our community and drive viewership. Attention to detail, a proactive sensibility, flexibility, patience, and the ability to be organized and keep the team well-informed are key. Global travel is expected to be about 20% of your time.
- Be an authentic, sincere advocate of the game community across several platforms including, but not limited to, Mixer, Twitter, Instagram, forums, and Twitch
- Connect with the team lead to contribute to, and understand the marketing & content strategy
- Partner across the team and with external agencies to develop a community engagement plan that supports the marketing strategy
- Manage data aggregation and develop insights that grow our community
- Drive community behaviors to participate and watch the game
- Establish relationships within the game community to grow influencers
- Identify influencers outside of the game community that may deliver positive contributions within our community
- Be a steward of our brand across all promotional executions
- Share best practices across the studio
- Identify risks in advance and drive the team towards successful resolution before the risks turn into fires
To summarize, this role will lead the day-to-day workstreams to successfully nurture and grow a thriving game community that is excited to play and watch the game.
- A sincere, authentic personality that loves to engage socially and with maturity
- A digital native or digital-native-like person that has a deep appreciate for technology and uses it frequently
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment. You must embrace ambiguity and action.
- Ability to develop and optimize partnerships with external partners
- Proven ability to develop messaging and marketing copy
- Proven ability to plan, create and maintain a highly effective promotional schedule across teams for the execution of promotional tactics
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and be a master at conflict resolution
- Must collect data results from multiple sources and work with a third-party partner to analyze and report the results of each promotional tactic
- Ability to demonstrate strong project and time management skills, with a proven ability to focus on priorities, solve problems, multitask, and meet deadlines
- Enthusiastic, positive, and team oriented.
- At least one AAA title shipped in a Production role from start to finish a plus.
- Competitive gaming, prior e-sports and sponsorship experience a plus
- Traditional marketing experience a plus
- Gameshare and Sharepoint experience a plus