- McLean, VA 22182
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Chelsea Caudill
AQUENT is seeking a UX Designer for a short term project in McLean, Virginia. This role is a true UX Designer role. You will be help take an old legacy tool that is used internally which is old, slow and complex and transform it into a modern, easy web-based product.
Why as a UX Designer would you be interested in this role?
You will help the Tech team and Product Design create the right thing here. It is more than execution, you will also be involved in research, strategy and you will really get to shape the product! You will get to take something complex and dated and make it easy! Isn’t that why you got into UX in the first place?!?!
Day to Day:
You will work autonomously for the most part while also partnering with the Product team and IT.
User research and guerrilla research: you will strategize & deliver on best ways to interview users to understand their processes, work flows and test them (this will involve 2 trips to Richmond)
Contribute equally to strategy and hands-on UX design
Execute wireframes and prototypes and work with visual standards
Work on a behind-the scenes product that will greatly impact internal users
Presenting final designs to technology teams
Skills and experience needed to be successful:
Experience working in a UX focused role,
Hands on experience with Sketch, Invision & Axure for wireframing & prototyping
Portfolio must show fairly complex product applications (not just a linear flow), any enterprise applications would make you a great fit!
Experience taking a complex product, transforming it to a new web-based product
Experience conducting guerrilla research out in the field with users
This client puts its money where its mouth is. As a leading financial services and tech company, they’re constantly pushing the envelope to adapt and stay ahead of trends - whether it’s trends in financial products or in the way they treat their customers. Our client sets the bar in customer experience. They are Fortune 40 organization that has been on the Top 100 Best Companies to Work for list 10 times!
And what you can expect working with them?
- Working for an organization committed to changing the way people interact with technology in their daily lives
- An open, collaborative, diverse environment where ideas are welcome
- The work you do will reach millions of customers and end users
- A Work Life Balance – it’s a core company value
Why do you want to work through AQUENT?
- AQUENT offers an amazing benefits package. For every hour you work – we'll subsidize up to 85% of your medical, vision and dental premium.
- A team of agents that are invested in your career. We offer resume and portfolio review, interview prep and access to online training.
- We offer the only referral program that continues to give back. Earn a cash bonus for every hour your referral works for up to 6 months.
Working with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things, including:
- Subsidized health and dental benefits
- Access to Fidelity 401(k) and FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your weekly paycheck
- Access to free online courses via AQUENT’s Gymnasium and Lynda.com to develop your skills
- We reward for referrals! Who do you know? http://aquent.us/rewards/