- Seattle, WA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Jennifer Lee
This position will be part of the Enterprise Consumer Data Platforms team (eCDP), and is responsible for leading an agile team to deliver high quality enterprise solutions utilizing, and driving ongoing improvements to, an agile environment.
They will ensure that the team is well positioned, working strategically with product management and key stakeholders, to refine complex business problems through a series of sprint planning, execution, release and retrospective cycles; quickly identifying and preventing or removing impediments as needed.
They will act as a Scrum Master and agile coach to mentor members of their team, and play an active role across the organization to affect positive change in the teams’ agility. They will utilize varied techniques in conjunction with exceptional verbal and written communication skills to deliver schedule‐driven features on time by coordinating with other teams to align on technical design and delivery timelines. They will help evaluate feature complexity against team velocity to better inform product budget, prioritization, and feature availability implications.
- Work with Product Owners to understand and refine complex business problems into a prioritized backlog
- Work with Engineering Managers, Product Owners and Engineering Leads to establish and meet sprint commitments
- Work collaboratively with the team to address all relevant implementation details involved in each story
- Seek to achieve continuous flow by ensuring the work is balanced and progressing, while removing roadblocks and meeting delivery commitments
- Conduct, and increase the value of, all scrum ceremonies including sprint planning, backlog refinement, standups, sprint review, and sprint retrospective
- Promote and ensure adherence to team’s norms and operating procedures
- Facilitate scrum ceremonies and demonstrations
- Participate in decision making that leads to best‐in‐class agile capabilities, and drive continuous improvement
- 5‐7 years of working Scrum Master experience
- Comfortable operating in a fast‐paced matrixed environment with externally imposed milestones (e.g., regulatory compliance)
- Must have multiple scrum/agile projects under their belt as scrum master
- Must have coached or at minimum, been part of a new agile adoption.
- Must have worked as Scrum Master in a non‐software development business area
- Be intimately familiar with the agile principles along with a demonstrated ability to lead teams toward increased agility over time
- Expert in cross group communication, able to get buyoff from business, operations and peers.
- Superior attention to detail supported by excellent written and verbal communication with all levels of personnel
- Passion for collaborating with high energy and focus, driving outcomes across multiple priorities.
- Ability to thrive in a fast‐paced, complex environment; relentless innovator.
- Challenges status quo and champions best‐in‐class technical solutions and problem‐ solving
- Strong technical aptitude with conceptual and logical understanding of full stack web, mobile and OTT software and data architectures
- Effectively leverages technical and business expertise to optimize team delivery
- Comfortable leading high performing technical teams through the development and deployment of complex enterprise solutions
- Possesses excellent people interaction skills, maintaining a high level of professionalism to demonstrate the ability to influence up and down the organization
- Excellent analytical, diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication with technical and non‐technical audiences
- Strong commitment to aligning team delivery with strategic objectives and discipline to measure delivered outcomes
- Demonstrates deep curiosity and attention to detail
- Strong planning, prioritization and organization skills
- Scrum Master Certification
- Media and entertainment industry experience, consulting experience
- Preferred to have AWS cloud experience (Amazon Web Services)
- Preferred to have worked in a SAFe program (Scaled Agile Framework)
- Preferred to have experience in JIRA and Confluence
- Product Owner Certification (desired)
- BA/BS in business, computer science, other business/tech field or equivalent work experience
- Highly competitive salaries: commensurate with experience
- Insurance: Excellent medical benefits with premiums largely subsidized by AQUENT
- 401k Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Perks and Discounts at leading major retailers
If you are a fit for this position, please email your resume, work samples and cover letter to Jennifer at email@example.com