- Irvine, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Erikah Miller
Our client in the financial services industry is looking for a Senior Instructional Design Consultant on a contract basis.
The Senior Instructional Design Consultant develops instructional materials for the North American Distribution (NAD) sales & sales management training programs. The Designer demonstrates and utilizes effective needs analysis, project management, course development, and evaluation skills. The Designer independently develops entry through advanced level courses for both internal and external sales audiences; utilizes multimedia technology and authorizing tools; and works independently on standardized/recurring assignments and under the direct supervision of more senior team members on complex projects, analyses and tasks.
- Designs and develops training for a variety of sales roles. Designs and develops training using a variety of modalities (e.g., instructor led classroom and webinar, small group activities, self-paced e-learning, self-paced programs, etc.) depending on the needs of the Client’s business units. Creates design outlines and story boards. Create course materials (e.g., student guides, facilitator guides, media, reference materials, etc.) to meet learning objectives. Develops e-learning, blended learning, and webinar activities.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of training. Designs and develops evaluation methods and tools to determine the effectiveness of training. Analyzes evaluation data and communicates results and recommended changes to the business units.
- Identifies areas for improvement within the training department (e.g., process and technology), makes recommendations, and implements solutions.
- Performs additional responsibilities as assigned
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of instructional design skills (analysis, design, development, implementation, evaluation) and the ability to apply it to work assignments
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of e-learning development software (e.g., Captivate, Articulate Storyline) and the ability to apply it to work assignments
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of virtual training methodologies and technology (e.g., WebEx).
- Demonstrates a basic working knowledge of project management and the ability to apply it to work assignments
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of multiple American Funds business units, upon receiving Client training, and the ability to apply it to work assignments
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with a diverse group of associates and senior business leaders; strong grammar and syntax skills; strong presentation skills; strong inter-personal skills
- Demonstrates initiative by identifying issues for managers and team members and recommending/implementing solutions
- Demonstrates the ability to work in a team environment; initiative to work and learn independently and proactively contribute to department goals while maintaining effective business relationships with associates throughout the organization
- Demonstrates strong detail orientation, process orientation, organizational, and multi-tasking skills; ability to effectively prioritize and manage assigned workload and meet established deadlines
- Demonstrates sound judgment in resolving matters of moderate complexity
- Demonstrates effective and professional service orientation and builds appropriate rapport with internal and external contacts
- Requires a minimum of three years of instructional design and development experience with emphasis on e-learning and instructor-led training materials
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Instructional Design, or related subject is required
- Bachelor’s degree in Instructional design, or a related education-focused field is required, but a Master’s degree is highly preferred
- Professional demeanor, as they will be working with Senior Leaders to create classroom materials
- Knowledge and experience using the e-learning tool Articulate Storyline
- Good sense of design, not necessarily a professional in graphic design, but someone that has experience with it.
- Experience in the investment, mutual fund industry
- Very organized person
- Very motivated and proactive
- Experience being a project manager
This client is one of our largest financial services clients. But don’t let that stop you from reading further!
We place so many freelancers here who consistently tell us its one of the best places they've worked. Why? The teams, the culture, the management, and most recently, the client’s willingness to recognize that it was important to step up to the digital demands of the marketplace:
A new CMO and high level digital leadership that have transitioned in from top technology, retail and CPG companies
Transitioning their marketing structure to Agile methodology to be able to deliver valuable content to its audiences faster
They even followed this up with a floor remodel, to support the methodology, creativity & collaboration
We hear often that the constant here is change. The company is consistently trying new approaches that they think will improve not only their product offerings but the worklife as well. If you’re used to “going with the flow”, this is a great opportunity for you!
These are key elements to be able to walk away with and add to your resume, especially if you’re coming from a traditional marketing structure. What a great way to help transition your career in this trending direction!
- Updated Resume
- Portfolio (from any of the programs listed within the details, but especially Storyline)
- Candidates will ideally have experience creating Storyline modules and learning materials support product sales. (I.E. Creating materials to assist in the sales of products & new business development.