Our client has an internal creative agency and content group comprised of editorial, design, content development, production, distribution and client service and strategy functions. The Project Management Tool Administrator is responsible for the development, management, and operation of the project management workflow tool database tools in use by the in-house agency to track and record all work going through the department. She/he will work with users of the tools to support their use and navigation around the solutions. The PMTA will proactively recognize updates that will enable a more efficient in-house agency operation lead implementation as approved.
It is the responsibility of the PMTA to train new users and keep users current on the latest updates as well as tips and tricks to using the technology more effectively. The PMTA is the point person for suggested tool enhancement and improvements and establish a process to implement enhancements as appropriate.
This role also interfaces regularly with IT to ensure information flow and establish a relationship to secure input and resources as appropriate. The PMTA will also interface with vendors and prepare cost and budget summaries as required.
The PMTA must have strong practical experience in project management, which was gained through managing large and complex projects. Responsible for planning and governance and for overseeing the successful delivery of the program’s output/product. Supports team operations, through knowledge and handling of project and program management methodology and techniques. Strategically, to encompass all client teams decision-making roles and responsibilities involved in executing the program effort. Manages the flow of questions and guides the program and provide senior-level leadership, oversight, and control. Exhibits strong interpersonal and communication skills, and most importantly displays clarity during chaos. Oversight and on-going evaluation and improvement of the systems and processes required to ensure efficient, effective, high-quality execution of a wide variety of creative communications across the client's Agency.
Education and Experience
• 4-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; at least 6 years’ experience in the business, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area
• 8+ years’ experience with Project Management within in-house or outside agency environment
• 2+ years’ experience managing staff with a focus on project managers
• A minimum of four years’ experience working with creative service project management technology.
• Experience with Content Management Systems (CMS)
• Broad knowledge of workflow tools and project management systems used by creative teams in corporate organizations.
• Solid technology background, including Microsoft Office Suite software, and familiarity with trends in project management and workflow automation software.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Work, Projects, and Policies
• Experienced in one or more workflow project management technologies
• Setting up tools and standards for managing the program
• Tracking, and reporting on outputs and outcomes
• Daily program management throughout the program life cycle
• Providing training to MCCM teams around the process + PMT
• Planning the Advantage PM tool and monitoring the progress
• Providing proactive suggestions to improve the overall experience within the PMT
• Clearly outlining changes to leadership team + cost + timeline for approval
• Works with team to put sustainable work processes and systems in place that support the execution of the strategy
• Establishes and maintains complete and up-to-date information to ensure accurate reporting
• Represents team in resolving situations
• Managing risks and issues and taking corrective measurements
• Coordinating the projects, cross-projects, and their interdependencies
• Managing team leaders/director level communication and utilizing vendor resources
• Ability to put theory in practice, and work positively with the wide range of individuals involved in program management
• Forecasting staffing workflows and mitigation resources
• Informs, updates, and provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person in a timely manner
• Attends and participates in all relevant meetings
• Presents ideas, expectations and information in a concise, organized manner
• Uses problem solving methodology for decision making and follow up
• Maintains positive working relations with internal customers and department managers
• Manages time effectively and conducts activities in an organized manner
• Performs other reasonable duties as assigned by manager
• Obtains a good understanding of the wider objectives of the program
• Independent, driven and proactive individual keen to assume new role and further define contribution to the business