- Remote (With ability to be in Hartford, CT for meetings occasionally)
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Kate Gottfried
The Senior Copywriter/Editor ensures all materials developed for communication materials (both print and digital) are grammatically and editorially sound and adhere to internal and external brand standards. The Senior Copywriter/Editor also manages and coordinates materials through internal and external review processes.
This position is remote, but you must have the ability to be in Hartford, CT for meetings occasionally.
- Serves as the primary editorial resource for assigned brand guidelines
- Edits, styles, and formats a full range of print and multimedia materials to the highest standards; ensures they adhere to client and inhouse house styles
- Writes non-scientific material (eg, invitations, biographies)
- Understands Healthcare and wellness marketing, marketing messages, and marketing strategies for customers
- Manages/coordinates materials through internal and external processes (eg, graphic design/layout, quality control, client review)
- Ensures client and account comments are accurately incorporated
- Formats materials that do not go through Creative (eg, PowerPoint, Word)
- Meets deadlines; communicates progress to colleagues
- Works closely with colleagues to establish and manage timelines
- Maintains excellent relationships with colleagues
- Management and operations
- Provides editorial peer-review for staff and freelance writers
- Provides expert knowledge on client review processes and requirements
- Mentors writers and editors
- Proactively identifies and develops operational efficiencies
- Collaborates with other editors to maintain and improve house style guide
- Gives advice/expertise/consultancy and shares best practices with colleagues and clients
- Shares best practices
- Assists in the development of budgets for Editorial Services
- Manages and/or liaises with external resources (eg, freelance writers/editors technology vendors)
- Helps plan staff resources to support assigned customer brands
- Bachelors degree required.
- Previous (5-7 years) experience in professional writing in advertising or marketing.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated PC literacy, knowledge of e-commerce.
- Experienced in creative/agency environment preferred
- Strong project management experience.
- Demonstrated Track record for managing multiple projects with completing deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Broad experience across a range of writing projects (eg, print, digital, video and Web).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Outstanding attention to detail – style/consistency, grammar, syntax, scientific accuracy, proof reading, layout, etc
- Expertise in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Independent, critical thinker
- Problem solving/diplomacy/interpersonal skills
- Self-motivation and independence