Our Fortune 500 Fashion Retail Client is looking for a Global Strategic Sourcing Manager for their Team!
TITLE: Manager,Global Strategic Sourcing
DURATION: 3 months+ (with potential for full-time)
LOCATION: San Francisco (on-site with Client)
• Develop category strategy and executes procurement activities in line with business needs –supply market analyses, price / service-level benchmarking, sourcing events, supplier negotiations and ongoing supplier relationship management
• Manage procurement and sourcing processes and negotiating deliverables as well as costs, ensuring the brand is competitive in the marketplace, limiting risk, and driving to total cost/productivity and qualitative business objectives.
• Ensure that benefits from the strategic sourcing process are sustained and extended during the period of the contract through ongoing improvement strategies and initiatives post-sourcing
• Build and institutionalize market intelligence capabilities (people, database, information, analysis) within categories of focus regarding key markets, suppliers and solutions to support strategy development purposes
• Maintain relationships with cross-functional groups; assist with securing involvement of appropriate cross-functional staff for category teams
• Lead and coach sourcing analysts and cross-functional sourcing teams
Additional responsibilities for this position include:
• Build and leverage internal business partner relationships to effectively create value focused strategies that align with department goals.
• Build cross functional partnerships within the company.
• Identify opportunities within categories to create value for the organization.
• Leverage spend analytics and market intelligence to evaluate sourcing opportunities.
• Develop should cost models as part of sourcing process.
• Build and execute Strategic Sourcing plans for assigned categories.
• Lead the development, distribution, and analysis of RFP’s and RFI’s.
• Ability to lead negotiations with vendors to achieve the optimal combination of quality, price, service, and risk mitigation to support business objectives.
• Capability to learn new categories quickly.
• Demonstrate critical thinking; consider all factors affecting a decision before making a recommendation.
• Assist in problem resolution between users and vendors.
• Ability to balance multiple priorities simultaneously.
• Capacity to develop partnership with Finance to ensure value from sourcing activities is properly captured by the organization.
• Skill to quickly build credibility and trust with relevant stakeholders.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge in procurement practices & technologies and market trends related to assigned categories of goods and services.
Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree
• Experience working on business process improvement and/or strategy projects for a global company a plus
• Solid business judgement, including the ability to anticipate the impact of decisions & initiatives • Ability to balance multiple priorities simultaneousl
• Capacity to be a change agent, demonstrating persistence and resiliencies when faced with challenges
• Superior analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to thrive in a dynamic fast paced environment.
• Excellent negotiation and conflict management abilities
• Effective communication
• Strong presentation skills
• Ability to build relationships internally and externally