Our Fortune 500 Fashion Retail Client is looking for a Women’s Senior Apparel Graphic Designer!
TITLE: Senior Apparel Graphic Designer (Women’s)
DURATION: 3 months+ (with potential of temp-to-hire)
LOCATION: San Francisco (on-site with Client)
• Communicate a clear design point of view and direction.
• Attuned to global merchandising and design trends in the global and local marketplace.
• Contribute to the development of seasonal design platforms and concepts by identifying consumer relevant opportunities through market research.
• Contribute to the direction of the business by maintaining design vision and formulating original concepts.
• Ensure seasonal collection communicates both big fashion ideas and locally relevant messages that result in a consistent and integrated consumer experience.
• Understand nuances in both global and local consumer behavior and competitive pressures.
• Collaborate and influence within and across different parts of the organization.
• Understanding of broader design trends across multiple categories and disciplines.
• Execute the design process components to achieve or exceed targets for the seasonal calendar, assortment plan and source location requirements.
• Sustain effective partnerships with Merchandising, Product Development and Sourcing to ensure products are developed to quality/aesthetic goals.
• College Degree (4+ years of combined college education and work experience may be substituted for a degree, but ideally the degree would be in illustration, graphic design, textile design)
• Minimum 5 - 7 years of work experience in design environment
• Strong design/drawing/painting skills
• Excellent working knowledge of Adobe Suite
• Strong team oriented individual with the ability to work in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment with changing priorities • Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of PLM would be helpful