Our Fortune 500 client, a leader in banking technology, is seeking a User Experience (UX) Designer for their User Experience team in Brooklyn, New York City. This User Experience Designer opportunity is 6+ months with the potential to go full-time, 40 hours a week, health benefits and 401K offered.
This UX Designer role will help set the direction, vision, and methodology for one critical, top focus strategic project within the Wealth Management portfolio. It will set the bar for quality by example, with energy and passion. You will need a strong point of view on design and research, a hands-on approach, and the ability to develop strategies for implementation. All within a complex ecosystem, while building meaningful relationships across the organization.
As a UX Designer, you will advocate for the user in all you do; applying a deep and insightful approach to user understanding at every level. You are creative in your thinking and application of design methodologies, recruitment strategies and tool development. You enjoy working in a fast paced environment, being proactive and getting face to face time with our customers. Finally, you are a customer experience advocate and leader, excited about improving our customer’s lives through simple, intelligent and enriching products and experiences.
Additional UX Designer skills:
• 10+ years of experience in user experience research and design
• Undergraduate degree in HCI or related field, Masters an advantage
• Experience in a variety of industries and platforms; digital, mobile and product design for example
• Ability to synthesize complex, interdependent, and sometimes competing needs
• Effective communication of research results and recommendations across roles & levels, internal and external to the dCE team
• Awareness and practical understanding of traditional and new research methodologies and recruitment strategies
• Understanding of current technologies and their application and relevance to digital experience design
• Proven understanding of design principles, design planning and the role of insights and research in informing and leading strategy
• Very strong communication and interpersonal skills
• A focus on timely, relevant, visual and engaging outputs
• Thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative, team-oriented, cross-functional environment
• Ability to influence others and provide thought leadership on research and design
• Actively listens, hears and understands what is said and not said, and with nuanced comprehension of meaning and intent
• Team work: Develops and sustains effective and cooperative working relationships with direct reports, peers, managers and other internal or external stakeholders
• Flexibility/adaptability (ability to change direction based upon team and stakeholder consensus)