- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Samantha McHale
** A FORTUNE 500 TRAVEL COMPANY IS LOOKING FOR AN EXCEPTIONAL UX DESIGNER! **
We are currently on the hunt for a Senior UX Designer who has an eye for visual design and design systems and a content strategy heart - sound like you?! Keep reading!
- As a Senior UX Designer you will work with researchers, content strategists, product managers and engineers to develop and improve products and services for millions of our customers worldwide, every day.
- Enjoy designing experiences across multiple devices and platforms, from responsive web applications to iOS and Android mobile apps.
- Choose the right tool for the right problem, fluidly moving through different stages of the process from sketching to low- and high-fidelity prototypes
- Ground your work in observations, research and analytics to help you come up with ideas and then validate through testing
- Take pride in mentoring other designers and advocate for user-centric design practices
- Believe universal design is the best design, and design for people of all abilities
- Think about design as a system, and contribute to and maintain our pattern library as a way to influence both quality and efficiency for all our products.
- 5+ years of professional design experience
- Degree in a relevant field (HCI, Graphic Design, Interaction Design, etc.)
- Portfolio demonstrating expert use of typography, color, imagery, grid systems, and well-crafted animation/transitions
- Portfolio demonstrating sound product thinking through navigation, user flows, interaction design and information architecture
- While not a requirement, we look for experience hand-coding HTML/CSS and JS and a fundamental understanding of responsive web design standard methodologies (bonus points if you’ve used LESS or SCSS and GitHub)
Please apply to this posting for more information and qualified candidates will be contacted immediately regarding next steps.
WE WELCOME REFERRALS! CHECK OUT OUR REFERRAL POLICY HERE: $$$$ http://aquent.com/rewards/
WORKING WITH AQUENT
Freelancing long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health (including term life and LTD) and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program (pre-tax payment toward Bart passes, etc.)
- Direct deposit for your paycheck
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Access to free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)