Aquent's large retail client is looking for a Production Designer to work on various print, packaging and digital projects. This is a contract role, which will be in-office at 35-40 hours a week, in office in Menomonee Falls (sorry no offsite/remote). This is an approx. 6 month contract with a very strong possibility to extend if things are going well.
This role will be working on a variety of print, package and digital work for various projects for large national brands.
This is primarily production type work but having a nice portfolio/design aesthetic needed! This role could include pulling images from server and placing and cropping into layouts, etc.
A really great way to get more familiar with large well known brands, brand standards and a tight proofing system.
Some details include:
- being proficient in resizing a variety of printed materials, packaging, (understanding dielines helpful but not necessary)
- receive proofing instructions and follow them carefully, and check your own work.
- ability to juggle multiple projects.
- Understand and handle files in InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop that may have multiple layers.
- Knowledge of style sheets, paragraph guides, fonts, layers and resolution, SKU's, etc.
- Ability to work within corporate setting and communication
*If you have worked in a past production that is great!
*Junior designers w/great internships and a good portfolio welcome to apply.
*please note: if you are offered the job and accept, there is a drug and background screen
- Must have online portfolio showing design/production work (or PDF showing at least 5 samples)
- Agency or in-house experience preferred (1+ years)
- Total attention to detail, and willingness to work with Brand Standards, pre-existing designs, and a proofing system
- Ability to work independently + as a team... ability to follow directions/proof own work - all with a fabulous attitude!