**This UX Designer role can sit in Boston, MA or Pennington, NJ**
Our client is a large financial institution and they are looking for an UX Designer to join their team for a 12+ month contract with the potential to extend. Health benefits and 401K are offered. The role is 40 hours a week onsite. Interaction Designer candidates can sit in either one of the following locations: Boston, MA or Pennington, NJ.
Our User Experience Design team includes interaction designers, graphic designers, researchers, strategic designers, design program managers, content strategists, design technologists and other creative professionals. The team is constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to find ways all our digital platforms can empower customers to reach their financial goals in more customized, intuitive, innovative, engaging, secure, and time-saving ways. We are seeking an experienced UX Designer with 5+ years experience to work on creating user-centered experiences for its digital platforms which include mobile app, responsive web, ATM, Artificial Intelligence and other emerging technologies.
As an UX Designer, you’ll certainly do:
• Journey maps to show and tell the steps required to complete simple or complex tasks.
• Information architecture, hierarchy, and workflow expressed as diagrams and screen schematics.
• Wireframe screens and control-action-response of every interactive element that makes up the human-computer interaction.
• Define system states and error recovery protocols.
But all of our UX Designers:
• Analyze information: Translate business requirements, user needs, and technical capabilities into designs that are exciting, easy to use, and emotionally engaging world-class experiences.
• Follow user-centered design processes: Applies user-centered design processes to ensure designs are well-researched, executed, and tested using industry trends, analysis, internal analysis of user behavior and data, personal expertise, design rationale and customer data.
• Leverage standards: Use brand, standard patterns, style guidelines, third-party standards and other design foundations as input to new work. Respects standards but constantly pushes where new ideas will improve the design. Work the with the Technology Team to understand the documented technology standards for the platform and browser/OS specifications and bears responsibility to ensure UX assets track to technology and program standards when required.
• Create new concepts: Creates user-driven, engaging user experiences that turn complex tasks into simple, elegant interactions. Offers multiple concepts that explore new and different ways to solve challenges. Collaborate effectively with other visual designers, interaction designers, content strategists, product managers, researchers, product partners and engineering teams. Collaborate with design partners, product partners, development partners, visual designers, editors, and usability engineers against a design plan.
• Learn and adapt: Keep pace with the ever-changing digital environment iterating designs through Lean UX, Agile, and other modern design/build processes. Work closely with agile development teams to coordinate and deliver an error-free final product.
• Juggle effectively: Work on multiple designs/projects at one time, using strong communication skills to manage time and expectations appropriately with a demonstrated ability to think strategically about the overall experience.
• Advocate for great design: Passionately advocates for great user experiences and convinces partners with a can-do spirit, thought-leadership, great designs and compelling presentations. Candidates should be able to present their work to a broader audience and leadership with a demonstrated knowledge of financial services and products. Obtains stakeholder buy-in for the proposed designs. Solicit feedback and contribute constructively to design reviews.
• Build: Deliver error-free design specifications and assets to enable speed-to-market development and testing.
Requirements for UX Designer:
• Bachelor’s degree in design.
• 5+ years of design experience with a dazzling portfolio of design work.
• Mastery of user-centered design methodologies and rapid ideation processes like Lean UX, Design Sprints, and Fail-Fast.
• Mastery in designing for responsive web and mobile apps.
• Mastery in multi-channel industry standards and best practices.
• Mastery of Adobe products (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, After Effects).
• Mastery of Axure and Sketch.
• Financial or similar industry experience preferred.