- New York, NY
- Job Terms:
- competitive hourly
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Christie Bridges
Packaging Designer- Beauty/Fashion
3+ month need based onsite, 40 hours/week for a beauty packaging designer! Our client is looking for someone who has a proven track record of excellence in implementing Marketing Brand/Product Strategies through Design. You will be directly responsible for creation on new packaging design and brand maintenance for primary and secondary packaging.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Oversee and manage high-level package design across North America Beauty Brands within Personal Care, Fragrance, Color cosmetics, Holiday
- Attain design excellence within timely and overall efficient manner- Adhere to Project timeline and Design Milestones through all phases of Project Development
- Attend cross functional team meetings serving as the Design representation.
- Troubleshoot all Design related issues with cross functional counterparts
- *Identify unique and creative design solutions to set our major beauty client apart from competition through new, creative applications and forms to enhance corporate branding.
- Direct involvement with cross-functional Teams on daily basis (Engineering, Marketing, Copy, Project Management, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, R&D, Product Innovation, etc.) to have firm grasp of project scope.
- Review mechanicals of assigned design work taking responsibility for accuracy - making sure all are released with correct color chips and presswork.
- Maintain design files in an organized, accurate, current categorically unified manner - all files must be useable to someone not familiar with the Brand. Learn department billing/PO system and create PO's for each job request prior to job vendor requests.
- *Bring new Creative solutions/concepts to light to maintain edge on competition. Collaborate with NPD part. ners to refine processes/ensure smooth development
- Strong understanding/background of Beauty packaging design development.
- 5+ years in similar position
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Must be meticulous and have great attention to detail
A major Beauty Retailer, but you will be employed by AQUENT. Working with AQUENT gives you access to some pretty cool things: You're paid weekly with the option for direct deposit Subsidized Health/Vision/Dental (including term life and LTD) benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk) Access to Fidelity 401(k) Access to the Flexible Spending Account Program (pre-tax payment toward commuter passes, etc.) Talent Rewards Program (we pay cash for referrals!) Free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/ Free online courses via Lynda.com Aquent Support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (We're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)