In Store Designer
CONTRACT: 6 MONTHS
LOCATION: SEATTLE, WA
** A FORTUNE 500 RETAIL COMPANY IS LOOKING FOR AN EXCEPTIONAL STORE DESIGNER! **
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Executes Design strategy in design of Starbucks stores. Provides clear, effective and timely communication of design direction and changes to internal designers and external consultants. Identifies exceptions, proposes and implements design solutions.
- Contributes to studio team goals by achieving target deliverables on number of stores and meeting all established deadlines.
- Designs stores within parameters of individual store budgets and market requirements with alignment from cross-functional teams
- Develops design documentation to support design intent per regional guidelines including schematic drawings and finish palettes.
- Manages the production of construction documents by internal and external designers and consultants. Responsible for the integrity and quality of the construction documents inclusive of design intent, detailing, code requirements, scheduling and MEPs.
- Participates in the architectural design process by reviewing and analyzing project documentation.
- Sets schedules with alignment from cross-functional teams. Communicates dates to project team and meets all established deadlines. Conducts site visits as needed.
- Participates in schematic reviews with cross-functional teams.
- Mentors other more junior designers.
Summary of Experience:
- CAD drafting using Revit, AutoCAD and Sketchup software
- Project management experience
- Retail, hospitality or restaurant design or development organization including management of construction documents
- Experience managing external architectural and/or design consultants
- Bachelors degree required in related field
- 5-7 yrs Experience in store, layout concept design
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to apply knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles and practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities
- Current knowledge of industry trends in retail store and restaurant design including furniture and finishes
- Current working knowledge of building and health codes and compliance issues
- Demonstrated 3D visualization ability and working knowledge of color and design principles
- Ability to balance design, with operational needs and budget objectives resulting in exceptional store environments
- Ability to execute multiple designs under tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate design with hand sketches/drawings
- Skilled in the visual, written and verbal communication of design issues
- Ability to translate stated design principles / objectives into unique and varied store locations
- Knowledge of architectural details and specifications for construction document production
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Organizational skills; attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong problem-solving and decision making skills
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Annual Managed Expenses $1-5 M