- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Geoff Goodman
Our client is taking on a major initiative to redesign and rebuild many of its customer facing digital assets.
This effort will include a completely new approach to developing software, using the latest design approaches, technologies, and processes.
We are looking for a Lead User-Experience (UX) Designer able to work and collaborate with our Design, Research, Product Management, and Engineering teams.
They will be responsible for translating requirements and research findings into into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, and prototypes. The UX designer will also be expected to design the overall functionality of the product, and in order to ensure a great user experience, iterate upon it in accordance with usability-testing and analytics.
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitate the product vision by coordinating with research, concepting, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products.
- Design and deliver user flows, user journeys, wireframes, and prototypes optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
This is a very rare opportunity to join a team with flexibility and work-life balance!
Newly formed startup like business unit within our clients company, which will design, build and deliver a completely new and integrated digital experience for our users.
- Five or more years of UX design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex mobile and web applications in B-to-C workplaces.
- Ability to work with stakeholders to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet user needs and vision.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design and design thinking.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model, to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.