- Austin, TX
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Erikah Miller
Our client in the financial services industry is searching for a Content Strategist on a contract basis.
The content strategist (CS) is responsible for delivering innovative yet pragmatic content design and planning that supports the business requirements, research, and audience insights. This role collaborates with and informs the work of internal teams, including copywriters, designers, account managers and others. Deliverables vary but can include a content plan, task/gap analysis, content audit, KPI/metrics criteria definition, SEO mapping and alignment, content mapping and outlines, client presentations, and support for prototype development and usability testing.
As part of the UX team, the CS is one of the primary advocates for the user’s need to rapidly find, comprehend, and act on the content we provide. The CS is most involved at the outset of a project but also plays a consultative role throughout the life of the project, validating the execution of the plan to optimize existing or new content.
The ideal candidate will have an understanding of content strategy, allowing them to determine which deliverables within a given project are required to achieve a successful outcome.
- Work experience and samples that show evidence of strategic thinking and storytelling.
- Proven track record of collaborating with internal partners and/or third-party vendors to gather data and ensure the feasibility of work.
- Financial institution or similar vertical subject matter expertise.
Background and essential skills:
- 2-5 years of content strategy experience/interest, or in a related field such as information architecture and/or interactive copywriting.
- Proven ability to work across disciplines and present work effectively to clients.
- Passion for sharing subject matter expertise, knowledge, and best practices across teams and channels.
- Experience reviewing user research and applying findings to content strategy recommendations aimed at improving user segmentation, targeting, messaging, engagement, and conversion.
- Ability to collaborate with business partners to define web analytics KPIs to improve our effectiveness, and ultimately provide an engaging user experience.
- Experience working within a digital framework: discovery, define, concept, copy, and development.
Nice to haves:
- Understanding of testing methodology and how that translates into content optimization.
- Understanding of taxonomy and SEO, and how to optimize web pages for increased ranking.
- Experience working within the constraints of content management systems (CMS), especially Drupal.
- Background or expertise in communications-related field, such as PR, marketing, or social media expertise.
It’s not often that we get to say “yeah, but just listen to what they offer…” about our larger clients. Most people look at the awesome job description, then read “Financial Services Industry” and move on. We’ve heard it a thousand times! Know what else we’ve heard at this client just as much? “Wow! I’m so glad I took this job! This is not your father’s financial services company!”
Work here and experience:
- Opportunities to work with cutting-edge digital business strategies & projects
- Huge work-life balance culture
- Diversity-focused workplace
- Strong potential for temp-to-perm conversion almost half of the people we've placed here have converted to a permanent position, either the one they're working in, or in a related department
- Great Aquent community to work with onsite, including our bi-annual talent recognition program, which stems from the client managers’ own feedback (read: they’re engaged and interested in your future!)
- Don’t forget the massive points on your resume for being part of a cutting-edge team, leading the way in breathing fresh air into the financial services industry.
With a customer experience focus in mind, our client is leading the way in the financial industry with their digital marketing & technology platforms. They recognize that today’s customers are technically savvy & independent as well as highly creative, and they’re working to be the best at serving them. We see this through how they are building platforms that allow customers to take ownership of their financial future, using video, animation, and social media to market to the end user. Their in-house digital agency has won numerous IHAF awards for their tools and cutting-edge technology. Working with this company, you would be working with groups and/or department such as an IHAF awarded digital agency, user experience, product development, communication strategy team and much more talented professionals like yourself. Come join us!