- New York City, NY
- Job Terms:
- Talent Bridge/Temp-to-Perm
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Haley Smith
A growing enterprise fintech product design team is seeking a Sr. Data Product Designer with a passion for user-centered design and data analyzation. Must have hands-on ability to turn complex industry challenges into useful, desirable and dependable user-centered advertising technology experiences.Designer must have a special focus on data visualization and story-telling to support analytic and reporting solutions across Data, Technology, Analytics and Insights suite of tools.This designer/analyst will be on the front line of this effort. S/he will work with data scientists to help turn prototypes into robust, polished analytics products. S/he will engage end users to help ensure we are delivering a product they want to consume. Collaborate with the technology team to ensure we have the data we need to support our analytics goals.
- Apply design thinking alongside a cross-functional team to design and develop dashboards to enable our agency partners and internal teams to analyze data and make informed business decisions.
- Expected to have an intellectual curiosity and passion about data, visualization and ability to design within the constraints of different business intelligence software (i.e. Tableau, Cognos) in order to solve complex analytic challenges.
- Design and help guide the development of interactive dashboards within a business intelligence software such as Tableau.
- Query hygiene – Review and optimization of report queries for performance and efficiency
- Work closely with data science to understand their prototypes and drivers
- Work closely with technology to ensure the right data infrastructure is in place
- Act as the proxy Product Owner for the stories delivered
- Build reports, dashboards, models and tools to analyze, report, and present operations related data that is associated with customer pipeline, product usage, bookings forecasting and business productivity.
- Provide insights to the business through analysis of transaction data to create opportunities to improve their business outcomes and support our role as trusted advisor to our clients
Merchant Services is the global payment processing business for this Enterprise fintech. Merchant Services is the world’s leading merchant acquirer with over $1 trillion in annual transaction volume. Merchant Services is a leading provider of payment, fraud and data security for companies large and small and capable of authorizing transactions in more than 130 currencies.
Merchant Services is embarking on a major business modernization program for industry leading user experience. A key component of this effort is a data visualization strategy to create valuable new analytics products to our external customers using business intelligence tools running on a big data infrastructure.
- Passion for delivering business value by creating excellent business intelligence products
- Interest in user centered design best practices and design thinking
2 years of experience as a design analyst, data visualization role
- Experience analyzing data and creating reports with database query experience (e.g. SQL)
Experience in creating dashboards and reports using Tableau
- A complete Business Intelligence skill stack, from query to dashboard
Experience participating in Agile development
- Experience working in a big data environment
Experience creating reports in Cognos is a huge plus