- Silver Spring MD
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Heather Preston
Leading Media and Entertainment Client in Silver Spring MD is looking for Digital Project Managers for a 7 Month assignment with possibility for extension.
While this position has IT aspects, The Project Manager will act as a “hub” handling schedule, budget, issue management in a very fast-paced environment
Digital Project Manager Responsibilities:
- Develop/maintain actionable project schedules – clearly identifying: key milestones, deliverables, outcomes; dependencies; effort/durations; resources; abstract project schedule into more digestible presentations
- Develop/maintain actionable project budgets – tracking/reporting on budget vs. actuals vs. forecast • Identify, track, and drive resolution of: issues and risks; project change management; key project decisions and action items • Facilitate recurring team status meetings / stand-ups – covering key accomplishments, upcoming activities, decisions, risks, issues, action items, etc.
- Communicate project status, team velocity, and release progress to multiple audiences (project team, management, key stakeholders, clients, etc.) via multiple vehicles (email, presentations, etc.)
- Manage applicable deliverable sign-offs
- Identify and communicate team staffing requirements
- Identify and understand cross-project dependencies and risks – coordinating with respective teams as applicable
- Support QA team in driving resolution of defects
• 4+ years managing digital projects (eg., marketing websites, e-commerce, social, mobile, etc.)
• Strong written/oral/presentation skills with the ability to absorb low-level business/technical detail and translate into relevant, actionable information digestible by multiple audiences
• Experience managing projects that bridge both business and technology teams
• Experience managing vendors
• Experience with cloud-based project management tools (e.g., SmartSheet, Jira) and CMS (e.g., Drupal)
• Prefer understanding of agile /scrum methodologies
• Experience in development of K-12 educational products a plus Characteristics
When it comes to making education entertaining and making entertainment educating our client takes the cake in both.
This company is accelerating innovation and superserving passionate fans across every screen, service and format with new products and services to help global audiences explore their world.
As the worlds top creator of “real life” content — they also embrace employees and freelancers who want to live life to its fullest. This is why they are ranked by Fast Company as one of the Top Companies for Work-Life Balance and Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies.
Impressively, this company has a very large award-winning internal agency that turns around nearly 100% of their creative, marketing and advertising.
Growing in leaps and bounds, there is endless possibility when it comes to opportunities here to expand your professional experience. As a leading diversity employer, there is a place for all types to join our many Aquent Talent who call this company home.
If interested, please include a paragraph on why you think you would be a great fit for the position based on the details in the description.