- San Francisco, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Jennifer Lee
My Media and Entertainment Client, who is an American basic cable, internet and satellite business news television channel is seeking an experienced Video Producer to join the growing technology team in the San Francisco bureau. This Video Producer should be comfortable in all aspects of video production – and possess a unique storytelling voice. The Video Producer will be tasked with developing short documentary-style video stories tailored for mobile, social and digital audiences. Editorial judgment, writing, editing and reporting experience is necessary.
The ideal Video Producer candidate is a self-starting idea-generator who can capture footage and interviews from the field—and produce strong journalism from his/her desk, using text, graphics, and third-party footage to build engaging segments. The digital producer will be asked to pitch and create engaging videos and will assist other producers/reporters to shoot and edit a myriad of stories. Candidates with a passion to explore and understand the world around them with special attention to technology and business news will be considered first.
- 5+ years of experience shooting, producing and editing digital/social native video in an online or television media environment
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere and DSLR and cinema camera shooting
- Demonstrated knowledge of multimedia storytelling and working knowledge of online publishing systems
- Strong knowledge of current events and technology news
- Solid scriptwriting ability and punchy copy writing/video annotation skills a must
- Script and/or voice-over writing
- Highly collaborative, strong communicator and creative
- Shoot and edit original video content including (but not limited to) day-of stories, features, premium content and weekly video franchises/series for use on all CNBC platforms
- Edit snappy, well-paced original videos using social best practices targeting Facebook, Twitter and related platforms
- Demonstrate organizational and time management skills and work well under deadline pressure
- Must be able to lift, carry and transport production equipment on a regular basis
- A sample of the candidate's work will be required *please provide links when applying*
- Ability and willingness to travel and work non-traditional hours like nights and weekends when needed
- Masters degree in journalism or film production
- Photography experience
- Skills in After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator a plus
This media and entertainment client is on a mission … and they need you to help them do it. Their mission? To change the world through compelling content. Does that sound like a mission you can get on board with? If so, here’s what you’ll find working here:
They foster creativity and diversity. Diversity of ideas, and people. They see it as one of their biggest advantages.
They’re risk takers - again with the fostering creativity! Take a chance, make a mark, and see where it gets you. Sometimes, the biggest successes come from the biggest ideas, masked as the biggest risks.
Overwhelmingly, their employees are happy with their work environment. Words like ‘happy’, ‘content’, ‘friendly’ are words we tend to hear.
A sense of ownership. Have an idea? Manage projects? Run with it, and they’ll support you.
How better to further your career than with a major media brand encouraging you to push yourself on the job? Unleash your pioneering spirit here by embracing new technology, pushing the envelope creatively and jumping into action as a well respected member of their team.
- Highly competitive salaries: commensurate with experience
- Insurance: Excellent medical benefits with premiums largely subsidized by AQUENT
- 401k Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Perks and Discounts at leading major retailers
- 24-hours Paid Sick Leave in CA
If you are a fit for this position, please email your resume, work samples and cover letter to Jennifer at firstname.lastname@example.org