We follow a simple but vital premise in the User Experience group: "Focus on the user and all else will follow." We're ardently interested in our users and strive to learn everything we can about their behaviors, attitudes and emotions to help define the products and experiences we create. The User Experience team is a critical driving force behind gathering these insights and then using them to inspire and inform design.
We are a multi-disciplinary team of interaction designers, visual designers, user researchers, copywriters, and Web developers who collaborate closely with each other and with engineering and product management to create innovative, usable, great-looking products that people love to use.
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research.
- Evangelize research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and oral presentations.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Conduct independent research on multiple aspects of user experience.
- Collect and analyze user behavior through lab studies, field studies, benchmark studies and surveys
- Work with designers, product managers, engineers, and research managers to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- 2+ years research experience w/a master's in computer science, human computer interaction, cognitive science, experimental psychology, anthropology, information science or related field. , or no work experience required if coming out of a PhD)
- 2 years of experience with user research that has truly impacted product design
- Complete confidence conducting full lifecycle research projects, including lab studies
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and collaborative skills.
Nice to Have:
-Experience working with quantitative data and experimental design.
- Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.