Aquent's global retail client is seeking a Manager of UX, Product Experience who will be responsible for the user experience of global digital e-commerce products and programs. You will oversee Product Experience for their .com, International Sites & Icon (Customization). You will translate business needs and user insights into delightful experiences. You should be passionate about your approach to creative problem solving though design methods and have a strong handle on user experience design with an acute sensibility for visual design. You are great at collaborating with engineers and product managers, and working with a distributed team. This role include overseeing a team of 5 direct reports.
* Advocate for an integrated, consistent experience across our ecosystem of digital products.
* Promote user-centered business decisions by influencing UX considerations. Prioritize key UX initiatives and identify and track metrics.
* Manage and mentor a lean experience design team. Promote user-centered decision making based on cohesive design principles and patterns.
* Collaborate in the exploration of new, innovative product ideas while refining existing features.
* Ensure delivery of high quality user experience and product design across multiple concurrent projects.
* Employ a range of human-centered design techniques, such as mental models, personas, user journeys, wireframes, and interactive prototypes, to determine and convey design decisions.
* Collaborate and develop documentation as needed to guide engineering, marketing, customer support, and content creation through the implementation of engaging, high-quality user experiences.
* Identify, plan, and facilitate user research, insight analysis, and other feedback mechanisms to deliver insights and actionable results.
* 3+ of experience leading integrated, cross-channel digital efforts across mobile and web
* 2+ years of experience mentoring and growing talent
* Able to create experience deliverables like user journeys, wireframes and interactive prototypes
* Strong communication, presentation and storytelling skills and the ability to defend design decisions with solid rationales based on design principles, user research, and product knowledge
* Experience working in a collaborative multi-disciplinary team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
* Experience with a variety of design and prototyping tools such as Illustrator, inVision, Sketch, Hype, Axure, and Keynote
* Passion for quality work with an understanding of how to prioritize and make tradeoffs.
* Experience with e-commerce or digital B2C products with scale
* Portfolio with examples of great interaction-design work required - applications without portfolio will not be considered