- Hartford County, CT
- Job Terms:
- W2, Hourly, Depends on Experience
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Blythe Churchill-Joell
Our client is seeking a Marketing Communications Specialist to join their Customer Communications team. This Consultant role will be required to have expertise in project management, health literacy principles, writing, strategy and analytics. In addition, they will need to ensure customer communications comply with established guidelines on brand and clear communication and demonstrate health literacy best practices. Their writing will ideally improve the way our client communicates with its customers.
- Copywriter: In this role, you will write messaging targeted about both customers and agents via their mobile application and customer portal website. The content will include writing new and editing existing talking points.
- Project Management: The Consultant will lead the Content workgroup to move through the creative process to obtain approval from all stakeholders and deliver messages to IT for production.
- Vendor Management: The consultant will provide oversight of messages written by vendors by managing reviews and approvals by stakeholders, attending meetings and revising content to reflect feedback.
- Guidelines Guru:In this role, you will learn and demonstrate an understanding of Brand Guidelines, Customer Communication Policy, and company offerings for use in developing communications.
We are seeking a consultant who can be a passionate representative of, and advocate for, customers while employing their writing and project management experience.
Ideal candidates will be experienced senior writers with the ability to write straightforward, direct-to-customer communications that help make the complex simple. In this role, you will take communications from inception to completion and act as a hands-on, consultative writer, writing original content and editing the work of others. The consultant will also confer with Subject Matter Experts, Legal and Compliance to revise copy based on their feedback, and keep the content simple and customer friendly.
Additionally, the consultant will need to bring strong project management skills with a keen focus on detail to maintaining oversight throughout the entire workflow process from intake through Legal and Compliance approval. In this role, you will work in large groups and collaborate with business partners on communication objectives and content needs and maintain work files and revisions.
Our national insurance industry client practices what it preaches, and has a strong health and wellness focus as part of their company culture. As a part of their organization, even as a freelancer, you can expect to be included in that culture!
What else can you expect from this organization?
As a congenial and collaborative culture, they’ll welcome you as an equal contributor, and value your opinion when it comes to creative and marketing project creation and delivery.
They’re fully committed to an Agile environment, adopting and utilizing standard Agile practices daily.
These folks are committed to getting it right, and as such, are quite focused on metrics and ROI. “Measure twice, cut once” is a common phrase that could possibly apply to their project teams. That’s why they value candidates with previous knowledge and experience in designing & managing to drive metrics, and have a keen eye for those with insurance industry experience.
This is very much a matrixed organization, so bring your A-game and communication skills! You’ll be networking with any number of stakeholders related to your creative and marketing projects.
Being a larger corporation, the meeting schedule is sometimes heavy. With a strong ability to stay organized and focused on your deliverable, you’ll thrive here!
Certain locations benefit from on-site fitness center facilities, Starbucks, and free parking. Our advice? Bring your walking shoes! Your day has a built in mini-workout. Parking in the CT facility tends to be a bit of a walk from the (very large!) main building, but that will make your fitness tracker happy!
Benefits for Consultants
Aquent talent are eligible for a generous health-and-wellness package.
Our plan includes: Medical Insurance Aquent offers access to comprehensive In and Out of Network plans, with contributions toward monthly premiums and often with eligibility within two months of starting work. Retirement Savings Plan Aquent offers a 401(k) plan, managed by a leader in the retirement field, with immediate vesting.
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Professional training
- Discounts and Perks
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications or Journalism preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years of customer-focused experience preferably with an advertising agency or a corporate marketing organization. Experience writing for the healthcare industry is a plus.
- Strong understanding of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience working within a Content Management System such as SharePoint.
- Ability to work under tight timeframes.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic, matrix-oriented environment.
- Strong relationship management skills: ability to foster collaboration, value other perspectives.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Successful candidates will be required to pass a drug test and background check prior to start.