- Orlando, FL
- Job Terms:
- DOE + Benefits
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Audra Kemmerling
- This is for a (6) month temporary assignment with potential to extend
- Must have proof of eligibility to work in the US as W2 employee, Sponsorship is not available
Our Fortune 500 Tourism & Hospitality Client is looking to add an Technical Writer to their Project Team in Lake Buena Vista / Kissmmee area.
If selected as the Technical Writer you would:
- provide innovative, quality, effective technical writing and training documentation, with a focus on the maintenance and safety of attractions and facilities
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for writing safety procedures in support of critical safety programs and leveraging the ADDIE instructional design model to deliver appropriate traditional and technology solutions for training.
• Develop and sustain technical documentation for procedural and training based scenarios, using established formats, templates, styles and processes
• Use a self-directed approach to gathering content, interviewing Subject Matter Experts, writing deliverables, and coordinating approvals
• Partner with the training team to develop blended learning solutions that may take the forms of study and facilitator guides, job aids, video scripts, and more
• Create knowledge and performance assessments to assure learning objectives are met
• Demonstrate partnership, influence, professional expertise and collaboration
Working here gives you the opportunity to have an affect on digital projects designed make people happy!
This team is responsible for the successful operation, and round-the-clock monitoring of sites and apps that provide connections and enhancements to multiple magical travel destinations globally. Think that sounds exciting? Well, that’s just the beginning!
We have an almost 30 year history of placing candidates with top notch skills with this client, to help push their digital initiatives to the cutting edge. Even as a freelancer here, you’ll see and do things you’d not have access to otherwise.
Feel like a kid again by working on things you’ve grown up seeing at a distance, and dreaming about one day having access to! This is the job you take when you can still remember saying “I want to do that when I grow up!”
As a freelancer with this media & entertainment company, you’ll work with the biggest brands, and most recognizable products and events in the world.
Have a happy, upbeat attitude? That, combined with a cutting-edge digital skill set makes you the perfect consideration for conversion to full-time, if the opportunity arises. It’s been known to happen!
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a technical writer, preferably writing procedural documentation in a technical or safety environment
- Ability to work in field environments, with the flexibility to work off shift hours to partner with SMEs and engineering on an as needed basis
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft office and adobe applications
- Ability to grasp engineering and technical content
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proven experience developing complex procedural documentation
- Ability to work independently & be resourceful in obtaining information
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook, and SharePoint
• Thorough understanding of technical writing, with the ability to convert complex information into cohesive, consistent and compliant end user documentation
• Demonstrated capability to understand complex engineering concepts and maintenance processes
• Ability to be flexible with work schedule, including 2nd & 3rd shifts, to meet commitments and deadlines
• Skilled in project management, stakeholder management, and juggling competing priorities
• Proven knowledge of Amusement Industry equipment and systems, including rides, shows and attractions
• Working knowledge of eLearning and LMS tools
• Established track record in instructional design, curriculum development, and blended learning solution development