This User Experience Interaction Designer at a large global tech company will work closely with product managers, UX researchers, UI developers and other designers to research and develop highly engaging user-focused web interfaces. The successful applicant must be skilled in addressing a diverse range of interaction challenges, and in researching and developing novel solutions that drive and enable outstanding customer experiences.The User Experience Interaction Designer will be expected to work both independently and collaboratively, and must exhibit solid time management skills and proven subject matter expertise in order to plan, prioritize and accomplish goals. Established creative talent built on a solid foundation of Human Factors and/or Human-Computer Interaction skills is required.
• A minimum of 5 years of UX research design experience with web-based applications and highly interactive web services.
• At least 3 years of experience researching and designing significantly complex interaction designs for web applications.
• In-depth knowledge of User Experience Design principles, Human Factors, Human and User-Centered Design Processes, Interaction Design guidelines, Usability research and testing methodologies, web-industry standards and trends, platform standards, software development process, and prototyping/design.
• BA/BS or advanced degree required in Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology, or a related field; or demonstrated comparable experience designing interactive, user-focused enterprise products and solutions.
• Research and develop conceptual models, scenarios and prototypes that include detailed interaction design requirements and interface designs.
• Collaborate closely with other UX researchers and designers, UI developers, and product managers to develop and improve design guidelines and ensure the consistent application of end-to-end interaction controls.
• Create design artifacts that effectively communicate functional behavior to users and stakeholders.
• Utilize requirements, metrics, and user feedback to Iterate prototypes through successive levels of fidelity.
• Evaluate effectiveness of new and existing features through performance metrics, customer feedback, and industry-standard best practices analyses.
• Perform research activities such as heuristic, ethnographic and competitive analyses and participatory exercises.
• Advise client/team/stakeholders on UX, IXD, and HF best practices.