Are you ready to seize an opportunity, take a challenge and work side-by-side with some of the most talented PM’s and engineers in the tech industry?
About the role
This Market Readiness Program Manager with a large global tech org is a critical role with responsibility for the quality and future growth of search in Canada. In this role, you will be a key point of accountability for being the “voice” of users in Canada and the overall product quality within a complex, multi-tiered corporate environment. You will be expected to act as a product and market expert and to manage relationships and communication across a globally distributed team working on our search products. You will be part of a team leading a transformational experience impacting overall product quality. You must be detail oriented and able to illustrate high levels of personal responsibility to deliver to a high standard and flexible in adapting to a fast-paced environment. This position can be quite “hands on” requiring a broad set of skills and tasks can vary on a day to day basis, so you must be willing to be agile, jump into various roles and tasks and enjoy being a jack of all trades.
About the team
Our Global Ecosystem team is responsible for driving the best customer experience through our in-market Program Management teams. We operate across the whole stack of products, and collaborate with numerous technical and non-technical business groups located across the globe. The team is accountable for representing local users, providing in-market expertise and directly influencing overall product strategy globally.
What can you expect from the role?
• The opportunity to constantly learn and improve your knowledge while working in a fun, geographically distributed team.
• The opportunity to contribute to overall direction in Canada.
• The opportunity to make an impact on products that are used by 100s of millions of users every day.
What experience and skills do you need?
• 4 years university degree or equivalent experience (computer science or engineering preferred)
• Research oriented mindset, excellent analytical skills and keen attention to detail (data patterns, user behaviour, etc.)
• Expert knowledge of Excel (formulas, pivot tables, reports, etc., writing macros is a plus)
• Excellent influencing/communication/presentation skills and strong personality
• Pro-active and tenacious approach with ability to work autonomously with little or no supervision
• Ability to deliver high quality work under strict deadlines and pressure
• Ability to perform multiple tasks at the same time and to quickly decide on priorities
• Experience or knowledge with large scale online services or search engines is desirable
• Fluent in French is desirable, an understanding of the French Canadian market is a bonus
• Working knowledge of project management methodologies and product planning processes (Agile, etc.)
• Technical knowledge and background in web development is desirable