Our client, a large consulting firm in LA, is seeking a Production Artist for a several month long assignment. This is a production-level (non-design) position within their Design Studio and will partner with the design team in the graphic production of deliverables in a variety of media, including digital and print.
- Translates design specifications into deliverables, integrates text and graphics, creates/edits complex templates with speed/accuracy and prepares/finalizes files for printing/copying or hosting on web servers.
- Demonstrates/applies advanced knowledge of firm brand and standard graphic applications with high-level technical/software skills.
- Effectively prioritizes/balances multiple projects and may lead teams to collaborate and provide additional resources to meet deadlines.
- Translates design concepts to develop final, refined layouts and production art
- Demonstrates photo/image manipulation and transformation skills, pulling out bleed, resizing and cropping, as needed.
- Demonstrates expertise in placing graphics and text, using master pages and style sheets, standard electronic file management/archiving and troubleshooting. Advanced knowledge of layout, type, color, tracking, kerning and leading
- Applies advance knowledge of firm brand/strategy to create branded templates.
- Incorporates revisions, punctuation, spelling, formatting and performs mail merge functions.
- Demonstrates effective project management, including preparing estimates/timelines/budget, on-time deliverables and resource allocation.
- Prepares files for print/electronic delivery; effectively brokers requests (internal/external), including with vendors.
- Cross-trains in other applications/functions to provide overall coverage/support.
- Acts as a peer advisor, coach or trainer on software and processes and shares knowledge. Maintains compliance with all firm technology tools/processes, including utilization/productivity requirements.
- 5+ years of experience as a production artist in the graphics/multimedia industry.
- Expert or advanced skills with industry-standard software (e.g., InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Flash, Dreamweaver, Captivate, Acrobat).
- Highly skilled at layout development, file manipulation, scanning, retouching, typography and use of color.
- Proficient in reading graphics specifications. Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent customer service, communication, interpersonal/teaming and collaboration skills locally/nationally/globally.
- Demonstrates speed with exceptional attention to detail and quality,.
- Associates or Bachelors degree, technical certificate or equivalent work experience. Certification in Adobe graphics applications a plus.